Sittingbourne

Just a quick question who are the big players in Sittingbourne involved in the paper industry ? thamnks in advance chaps

I always thought it was something to do with locally available wood for pulp.

D S Smith

DS Smith.jpg

Dark Satanic MillSmith.

You’ve also got Knauf plasterboard factory, serviced by Firmin trucks, also based nearby.

Thanks fellas had a call from a recruitment company but they wont say who the jobs with just its a major player on the paper industry

Stobart.

Winseer:

Dark Satanic MillSmith.

Kemsley Mill … brings back happy memories and painful ones, like when the hook end of the strap came off the chassis and caught me in the Nutcracker suit :open_mouth: :blush: I had a bag of frozen peas gently placed for the trip home :frowning: black and blue didn’t come into it :cry:

Done a couple of shifts there over the summer out of Firmins, who serve both Knauf and the D S Smith places which are just across the street from the new firmin yard (doesn’t show up from above on google earth yet…)

You get your compacted cardboard patted down for moisture outside the gates first, then it’s into the cardboard knackers yard to get tipped…

I’ve not driven for the St Regis firm that seem to run a lot of motors in and out there though… I think they bring in the cardboard loaded at RSUs for the supermarkets.

I seen that nicholls are building a yard right next to firmins on that estate.

Thetaff2:
I seen that nicholls are building a yard right next to firmins on that estate.

All up and running now.

bjd:
Thanks fellas had a call from a recruitment company but they wont say who the jobs with just its a major player on the paper industry

Birds are doing a fair bit out of kemsley mill I believe they have opened (or opening)a depot in the area don’t think there is much doing direct on d s smith as they are getting rid of their own transport. was talk of downtons going in there but that all fell thru .but they to have a truck in there tipping waste on there own trailers

Was speaking to a nicholls driver the other day.the new yard is way behind as they are having issues with it all ready sinking.they will build on marshland. St regis is ok easy work with the new trailers and strapping system.