Sitting on the bunk

As I understand it for an ADULT - if there is no seatbelt then you can’t be fined for not using it.

Santa:
As I understand it for an ADULT - if there is no seatbelt then you can’t be fined for not using it.

To quote a famous TruckNetUK post from a few years ago

Remain Nameless to Spare Blushes:
If there is no seatbelt fitted you don’t have to wear it

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

Santa:

To quote a famous TruckNetUK post from a few years ago

Remain Nameless to Spare Blushes:
If there is no seatbelt fitted you don’t have to wear it

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■ it, you beat me to it ! One of the TN Classics for sure. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Where is Alex these days anyway? Not seen a post from him for a long time. :smiley:

three of in unit last weekend got pulled over by vosa they never commented on the third person

al_P:
funny you should say that as that was what put me off with a driving school when i was learning, ended up going with a diffrent one in bickerstaffe that was just me and the instructor and they where great.

but i would gather that if there is no sufficiant restraint for the passenger it would be illigal , although what is the law on double manning with the passenger asleep on the bunk ■■?

Passenger can sleep on the bunk if he/she wishes, but it can’t count as daily rest when the vehicle is moving.

vinnyl:
three of in unit last weekend got pulled over by vosa they never commented on the third person

I quite often travel with one guy on the bunk and another in the passenger seat. Never had a problem with either VOSA or the cops…Thats not say they would act the same way if I was involved in an accident!

drew30:

vinnyl:

I quite often travel with one guy on the bunk and another in the passenger seat!

i bet thats cosy on a night out :laughing:

I dont think we will have to worry about this anymore just had a quick look at the police camer action that was on a week or two ago on itv regarding trucks and at the begining angus and reporter goes out for a drive in the ploice scania and lo and behold it can be seen quite clearly the film crew are sitting on the bunk :slight_smile:
so if anyone get pulls over by vosa for it if he can do it surely we can too :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

vinnyl:
I dont think we will have to worry about this anymore just had a quick look at the police camer action that was on a week or two ago on itv regarding trucks and at the begining angus and reporter goes out for a drive in the ploice scania and lo and behold it can be seen quite clearly the film crew are sitting on the bunk :slight_smile:
so if anyone get pulls over by vosa for it if he can do it surely we can too :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

where did you watch it? I can’t find it anywhere on the internet :cry:

jimti:

vinnyl:

I know itv have launched the itv player on the net, sort of likt bbc iplayer but for itv, not sure how long each episode or show will be online for though

jimti:

If you you look at the other topic on " Police Camera Action - Lorry Special, someone kindly put a link to download the offending episode :wink: