Sitting my hgv!

Hi I’m sitting my HGV class 1 and 2 but I also want to buy a scania 143 for shows, anyone else ever bought a truck for shows, also want to do weekend work with it if possible, advice and help on this idea please, thanks .

raz0106:
Hi I’m sitting my HGV class 1 and 2 but I also want to buy a scania 143 for shows, anyone else ever bought a truck for shows, also want to do weekend work with it if possible, advice and help on this idea please, thanks .

I bet you take LGV C and CE not the old HGV tests :exclamation: :wink: :laughing:

Are you intending to do LGV driving as a job only or do you intend to do some other sort of work as well as driving at the weekends :question:

Yes sorry that’s what I meant lol :wink: I’m currently a butcher but looking to start driving full time once Iv got a few hours under my belt lol, always wanted a truck for shows though, how easy would it be to use it for weekend hauls ? Would it be pointless ?

raz0106:
Yes sorry that’s what I meant lol :wink: I’m currently a butcher but looking to start driving full time once Iv got a few hours under my belt lol, always wanted a truck for shows though, how easy would it be to use it for weekend hauls ? Would it be pointless ?

I’d bet your butchers wages better than LGV and the hours under belt only count if for a company per say as in actual real life haulage hours. No good saying I’ve my own truck for shows and I’ve a few hours getting there and back. No offence btw.

Also if your using your show truck for work expect a lot of cleaning expenses ! Our job isn’t exactly clean!

If , and it’s actually I’ll never have the money if! , I wanted a show truck I’d not use it for work it would be a dedicated show truck. Though personally I can’t see how the ‘prize money’ even comes close to the outlay but that’s just me!

Go for it if that’s what you want

Personally, I think it’s a crazy idea to use a show truck for weekend work. You wouldn’t make it pay as all the overheads would have to come from max 2 days work (and you would probably only be able to drive half of those because of weekly rest regs). You would need to get Operator licence and I’m guessing you’re not qualified for that.

Do your LGV CE, buy the truck and enjoy showing it. But don’t even think about working it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As others have said don’t get a truck for working. Get a job driving, and keep the truck nice at home. If you change the V5C to say it’s not used for goods, you won’t need to use your tacho.

Good Luck :sunglasses: