Site

Must say I have finding the site quicker then it was before.

mickyblue:
Must say I have finding the site quicker then it was before.

You and me both :smiley:

For me it used to take anything up-to a couple of minutes for a page to fully load, now for the most part it’s so fast I can’t even time it :smiley: :sunglasses:

When it was slow I was able to make a coffee and get back before it loaded, now I don’t have the time :smiley: :smiley:

The tech team have done an amazing job, there are a few niggles, still to iron out, but seeing as how we had to move the whole website on about 12 hours notice, or possibly lose the whole database, we moved to a temporary (Virtual private server) server, which saved the database but obviously couldnt cope with the traffic, The decision was made to move to a brand new dedicated server- not a small investment by the owners, the tech team moved the whole site a 2nd time in a few days. Not a small job, and one that has been done with the minimum of disruption, thanks to the tech team being willing to do the work in the small hours of the morning. The tech team as well as us have monitored the site over this bank holiday weekend, we find that page load times have improved immensely , Some of the old software coding that was causing issues has been overwritten and updated. Its not perfect yet, but it works as well if not better than before :wink:

As you may or may not remember I’m with Virgin Media, and because of the way I was routed to the old server (not the temporary one) my connection to TN was generally painfully slow and often could take ages for a page to fully load :frowning:
It’s hard to believe how frustrating it is to have a 60 meg cable connection and a site still loads like your on dial-up :cry:

Now it’s by far the fasted site I visit, like I said it’s so fast I couldn’t even time how long it takes for pages to load, and I personally haven’t noticed a single problem :smiley:

The new server and the people responsible for getting everything working have done a great job imo

tachograph:
The new server and the people responsible for getting everything working have done a great job imo

I second that.

Great job guys.

it is very fast (at last!) the only problem i have now is that for some reason i am unable to put photos on here from my computer (as in the upload attatchment option below where you write, and not photobucket etc)
Any ideas anyone??

kindle530:
it is very fast (at last!) the only problem i have now is that for some reason i am unable to put photos on here from my computer (as in the upload attatchment option below where you write, and not photobucket etc)
Any ideas anyone??

Whats stopping you?, We know it works as other members are uploading with no problem, so we need a bit more information to look into this.
what browser are you using?
Can you see the option to do it?
Does the upload fail?
Are you still getting the white screen?

Job well done I generally visit the site on my I phone it was taking forever to load a page to the point I couldn’t be arsed logging on sometimes now it’s really quick can jump in and out off posts in seconds.

Rikki-UK:

kindle530:
Any ideas anyone??

Whats stopping you?, We know it works as other members are uploading with no problem, so we need a bit more information to look into this.
what browser are you using?
Can you see the option to do it?
Does the upload fail?
Are you still getting the white screen?

Yeah same happening to me Rikki. When trying to upload from my I pad I choose the pic no problem but when I click on “add file” it just goes to a white screen and hasn’t posted.

kindle530:
Any ideas anyone??

Never posted a picture up like that before. Have you tried copying the image link. It always works for me

i pick the picture to put up, press add the file, (ive put loads and loads of pics up this way, so know how to do that!) in the box there is a little circle spinning around, usually after 10 seconds or so, the picture comes up and bobs your uncle, all done.
Well, the little circle keeps spinning for around 30 seconds, then the whole screen goes white, with the little circle replaced by the tnuk red and yellow logo in the box. Then… nothing.

Are you using Tapatalk or a Web browser and what type of device (android/ios/pc/mac) are you using?

Try now, also let me know the size of the image you are trying to upload

Thanks

well that worked! FYI, im on my laptop at home, pics are i think 640x480, the same laptop etc ive been using for the last 3 yrs or so, nothing has changed, it just suddenly stopped working. But it seems fine now, dont know what you did but cheers!

kindle530:

well that worked! FYI, im on my laptop at home, pics are i think 640x480, the same laptop etc ive been using for the last 3 yrs or so, nothing has changed, it just suddenly stopped working. But it seems fine now, dont know what you did but cheers!

You’re getting close to the file size limit with that picture.

Unless it’s been changed recently the file size limit for attachments is 2 MB, and that image is 1,894.37 KB.

It’s all that bright yellow paint!

Thanks to JamesW & the team for sorting my photo uploading problem. Well done, chaps.

image.jpgTest.

Yep, working fine for me now. Curiouser and curiouser. (Pic too big though)

I use tapatalk on my phone when i’m out on the road and it used to be painfully slow, now it is superfast, so I’m a fan of the new system :wink:

The only drawback I’ve found with the changeover is that the middle of the night shutdowns are in the middle of my day, so I’ve not been able to get onto the site at those times, a bit incosiderate I think :laughing:

kindle530:

Totally OT, is that DHL site the one on Park Royal?

I use the tappatalk app on my phone and the site does load quicker than it did, even on the flimsiest 3G signal.

Still won’t run in RDC waiting rooms though…
W