Sissons sherburn in elmet

Looks like they are finished now.

Drivers all on their notice and closing the transport side of the business down.

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?y0isjh

jessicas dad:

peirre:

greek:
Whats up with with frieght then dad, you out of work?

JD does seem to give the impression of not being settled wherever he is, with various enquiries etc.
I hope alls ok

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

what enquires :question: :question: :question: :laughing:

i cant remember the last enquiry ive made. freightliner well… im not saying anything on here cos you dont know who’s looking but im not happy there, there is going to be trouble there soon since in 3 weeks they have 2 lorrys written off and another hit a low bridge.

Is that at fl leeds.

bowserman:
Looks like they are finished now.

Drivers all on their notice and closing the transport side of the business down.

Do you mean Sissons are closing the transport business?

Somebody should tell them, they are still recruiting drivers and buying new MAN’s according to the website.

I used to know a couple of lads hat worked there.
They said that they would only get 9 months contract and that for three months of the year the business effectivly closed.
It was to do with the post seasonal peak after Christmas when Britvic (?) contract got a bit slack.
I know at the time Rowntrees used to do something similer they would park up a number of units and stop using the agency lads for a month or two between Christmas and Easter when it was slack.
Don’t now if they still do that though.

Just seen an auction notice in the back of Motor Transport for these, but it was the first I’ve seen of their troubles.

Not seen anything in the press prior to this. Are they ‘fully’ shutting, or is it not in the news, or do I need to keep my eyes more open :question: :smiley:

I had some hard nights with them down in West Thurrock and Grays when the Proctor job was good, many pints sunk in the Rabbit and the Chinese.

Wheel Nut:
I had some hard nights with them down in West Thurrock and Grays when the Proctor job was good, many pints sunk in the Rabbit and the Chinese.

The Rabbit and the Chinese? That’s a strange name for a pub.

Wheel Nut:

May have come across you before wheelnut a place I have stopped since the mid 70`s up till about 9yr ago :exclamation:

DieselDemon:

Wheel Nut:

The Rabbit and the Chinese? That’s a strange name for a pub.

It is Rat really :laughing:

anybody any experiances.

i know they came close to shutting a few years back but they seem to be going ok, i spot alot on the road but never had chance to natter a driver.

i was offered a job back in 2004 when i was up the creek, was supposed to be tramping, but ended up on night shift, didnt have much to do with the offfice, as it was run by a lead driver on nights, all we did was trunking out of the drinks place near armley (britvic?) money was very average, this was at the time they moved from seddons and ivecos over to daf cf’s, i think theyre all xf’s now

Used to run into a few of their guys fairly regularly when doing the “splits exchange” dropping off Britvic battles that had been mistakenly put into the Coke returns and collecting the Coke splits from them that had ended up in their returns.
I can honestly say none had a bad word for them… or a good one either :neutral_face: it seemed to me then they were run of the mill, average. about the middle lane if you like.

and that in itself to me is a reccomendation. nowt flash, but still going.

i am the proverbial rose between two thorns

did a couple of weeks for them on agency last year think they have about 14 motors now,would have loved to get on with them but was nowt going at the time

yorkshire terrier:
did a couple of weeks for them on agency last year think they have about 14 motors now,would have loved to get on with them but was nowt going at the time

ive just phoned them and nothing doing but they do have about 14 lorrys.

i was at sissons jd :open_mouth: , around early 97ish,had a sed aki strato, was a good job apart from the sherbun tufty club!! “drivers” and basically it will still be the same was the only place i have worked at where you was given a choice to do a nite out, would you mind/like and take the truck home as long as it was safe etc and a please and thank you"s from the lads in the office ,office staff was spot on just the long term tufty club drivers who wasnt spot on!!! it wasnt to bad on money either but left to go to goodways which i wanted to go to, so sissons was just a stop gap till i got my start at goodways k,smeaton, :wink:

greek:

JD does seem to give the impression of not being settled wherever he is, with various enquiries etc.
I hope alls ok

peirre:

greek:

I hope alls ok

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i cant remember the last enquiry ive made. freightliner well… im not saying anything on here cos you dont know who’s looking but im not happy there, there is going to be trouble there soon since in 3 weeks they have 2 lorrys written off and another hit a low bridge.

jessicas dad:

peirre:

greek:

I hope alls ok

Weve had 4 bridge strikes in 2 weeks.Were running out of agency drivers slowly
Tonyb