Sir Tom Finney.

Nothing to do with Transport but the legend Sir Tom Finney has passed away. R.I.P. Tom, God Bless.

Jakdaw:
Nothing to do with Transport but the legend Sir Tom Finney has passed away. R.I.P. Tom, God Bless.

So why have you posted it on the Old Time Lorries forum?

He was 91 , we have to go sometime.

routier:

Jakdaw:

So why have you posted it on the Old Time Lorries forum?

He was 91 , we have to go sometime.

For the old time lorry drivers, I`d have thought that was obvious.

nothing wrong with old ■■■■■, but seriuosly RIp he played before my time of watching footy , if I am right when he played he was a plumber and did that in the summer unlike today where they are paid a kings ransom every week, sorry for the rant have a nice w/end all, fredm

fredm:
nothing wrong with old ■■■■■, but seriuosly RIp he played before my time of watching footy , if I am right when he played he was a plumber and did that in the summer unlike today where they are paid a kings ransom every week, sorry for the rant have a nice w/end all, fredm

OK he wasn’t a driver but a lot of dvr on here will of appreciated Sir Tom Finney
Years ago when he would hang back when del: was running late. And have a brew
with them when had tipped.And kept and still does keep a lot of people employed.
in the pluming trade.
God forgive you for being so disrepectful. R.I.P Sir Tom Finney.
GUESTY44

Yes a fine footballer and an even finer Human Being. He played the game as a sportsman should, for a wage similar to the spectator’s, was respected wherever he went and until the end was still signing Autograph’s etc for the young fans. Plus he ran a family business as he knew years ago that there had to be a life outside of football. Probably not see his like again.

Pete.

From all that I’ve read and heard Sir Tom Finney was a very decent man. I can just remember him playing at the latter end of his career. One of the greats. RIP Sir Tom.

Dave.

From a bygone age when footballers were loyal, genuine, honest and real men - not interested in grabbing as much cash as they could and rolling around on the floor crying for mammy when tapped or brushed.

Mind you, Tom would be worth summat today and no doubt

A true Gent not see the like again, to put it politely he never got to big for his boots ( excuse the pun ) always had time for his fans and did a lot for charity and Preston R.I.P.

Yes indeed a true gent , North End should have won on saturday , Trevor