Sir Jimmy Saville

So am sitting here and in over 24hrs no-one has mentioned Jimmy Saville. Rest in peace, what an icon to all and not just trucking people. He raised millions for various charities over the years.

Now then, now then, young man… Where would Showaddywaddy have been without him? :laughing:

RIP Sir Jimmy. Sorry you didn’t read my letter out, I still became a trucker anyway - if only you had told me of the pitfalls.

You should go to bullys truckstop bar . Post all ready their

already there…

I know what you mean mate, a really good true genuine guy who put a lot of effort into what he believed in.
It has been done R.I.P Sir Jimmy savile - BULLY'S TRUCKSTOP BAR (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK maybe you missed it.
RIP Jimmy.

No worries, been on the road over the weekend and no relevant postings here from what I could see.

Anyway Showaddywaddy would’ve been nowhere without him :laughing: not a former member. Then again… :laughing:

Saint Peter says to God “hey boss, one of the hinges on the Pearly Gates has broken off” “Don’t worry says God - Jim’ll fix it”!

R.I.P. Jim :sunglasses:

i’ve been waiting ages for somone who i didn’t like to die so i could make a joke about them,

jim fixed it for me

I kick myself everytime something like this happens, it would be a great payout on the Grim Sweeper :stuck_out_tongue:

Jimmy Savile’s cause of death was a laughter fit, seemingly Neil Lennon asked him to fix it for Celtic to win the league.

Very sad… :neutral_face:

6d(2.5p) to get in to Leeds Mecca in 1960 for the lunchtime hop,run by J.S. with his tartan hair.We used to bunk off afternoon lessons,in to Leeds from Roundhay on my trusty Triumph Tiger Cub(always kept a set of Alpha main bearings in my pocket)).He was a breath of fresh air for us 17yearolds trying to pull "sophisticated"city centre shop girls,us with school ties in pockets.
Monday nights he would often be at one of the Harrogate hotels evening dance sessions sitting quietly with the Duchess just relaxing.No flash,just out with his old Mum.
End of an era…