Since wtd started

has anyone noticed a down turn in work. ive done nights for about the last 7 years trunking on agencies but i cant find any thing any good lately plenty of supermarket work but i cant stand it. ?

bigron:
but i cant find any thing any good lately plenty of supermarket work but i cant stand it. ?

Thats because it seems that every 2nd wagon is carting something for the supermarkets these days. Manufacturing has largely gone down the pan, but dont worry the retail sector will keep us all going, supplying all the goods that are being bought credit. :open_mouth:

bigron:
has anyone noticed a down turn in work. ive done nights for about the last 7 years trunking on agencies but i cant find any thing any good lately plenty of supermarket work but i cant stand it. ?

:frowning: Yep, same round here Bigron, been like it for a few months too. There is some supermarket work (cages) that most people don’t want and they are always advertising for, but not much else. There are a couple of agencies always advertising for this that and the other but they are mostly fishing. The rates round here seem to me to be on the verge of going down too. We have far too many agencies here all undercutting each other. :cry: :cry: :imp:

ive been offered a job but its a least 4 n/o a week and go out sunday i havnt had that many nights away since the 80s but ithink il give it a go im bored lol i think ive banged my head .

Since being told that B&Q will be closing the depot i work at i have been offered 2 jobs and have been offered at least 3 interviews with other companies locally i would say there is quite a lot of work about at the minute.

I had a call from an agency yesterday ,i used to work for pleading with me to do some weekend work for them but i declined.

I dont think it is anything to do with the WTD.

Its more to do with the UK doesnt make anything anymore. Most of the loads from the UK are scrap metal. empty pallets and broken computers.

I was on the boat on Tuesday with 2 German drivers, they said they always go back empty to France or Belgium because there are no good backloads :open_mouth:

I know some of our export loads are waste products like paper or plastic

Wheel Nut:

Thats actually quite funny really take waste all that way to recycle it but burn diesel on the ferry and in the truck just to recycle it really environmetally efficient eh?..

bigron:

yep exactly the same in leeds as well and im 4 agencys night work is hard to find and its only 8 hrs. going to sign up with another agency this week. :cry: :cry: :cry:

jammymutt:

Wheel Nut:

Thats actually quite funny really take waste all that way to recycle it but burn diesel on the ferry and in the truck just to recycle it really environmetally efficient eh?..

I brought a full load of wheelie bins home last week, made in France from recycled plastic from the UK :stuck_out_tongue: Apparently we cannot make wheelie bins like the French.

Another big job is taking waste newspaper to France, they recycle it and send it back to us for packaging or printing.

A good test of the manufacturing industry and export market is CHEP pallets. When they are sending trailer loads of empty pallets to France we are not sending loads out on pallets are we?

jammymutt:

Wheel Nut:

our government are a waste, cant we export them :question: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I brought a full load of wheelie bins home last week, made in France from recycled plastic from the UK :stuck_out_tongue: Apparently we cannot make wheelie bins like the French.

The jokes are just writing themselves. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

scanny77:
our government are a waste, cant we export them :question: :laughing:

I think they would come under the hazardous waste category. :wink:

Wheres ur bin?

Ive been to France

No, wheres ur wheelie bin?

I wheelie been to France

:smiley:

pmsl :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

When did Stobart’s start pulling Tesco trl’s. :question:

Wheel Nut:

A good test of the manufacturing industry and export market is CHEP pallets. When they are sending trailer loads of empty pallets to France we are not sending loads out on pallets are we?

I suppose that if it had been a Bank Holiday Monday, you would’nt have delivered those bins til a week next Tuesday :laughing:
and dont expect a christmas box :laughing:

I reckon your right about the export of Chep pallets, you allways see foreign motors, normaly wagon & drags loading in Chep yards at the moment, even see containers being loaded with empty pallet at chep Brentwood. :open_mouth:

kitkat:

Last week jim i think… Theyve just started doing all the distribution from tescos barlborough :smiley:

JB:

kitkat:

Last week jim i think… Theyve just started doing all the distribution from tescos barlborough :smiley:

I saw one last night jb,just found it strange and looked different. :wink:

Wheel Nut:

jammymutt:

Wheel Nut:

Another big job is taking waste newspaper to France, they recycle it and send it back to us for packaging or printing.

A load I carried in a former life (about 2 years ago) was a full load of cheps down to the east of Madrid…simply cos it was cheaper to repair them there!! Like carrying empty trays out of Salvesens at Chepstow to Salvesens wash in Valencia!!!