Simonswood industrial estate, does any1 know the speed limit

Simonswood industrial estate, does any1 know the speed limit?
I think its 40 mph as thats the last sign i seen but on my previous tests i was scared to go over 30 mph as 40 feels to fast?
Any help ? thanks

What does it say on the street lights?

The clue is in the question :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

No repeater signs on street lights = 30 mph (is that right?) :slight_smile:

mrpj:

Wheel Nut:

No repeater signs on street lights = 30 mph (is that right?) :slight_smile:

YES :smiley: :smiley:
TIP - always stick to the lower limit until you see a sign that tells you it is higher - that clue might be a repeater sign or, for example, a 30 sign at the start of a side road which would tell you that the limit you are in is, at least, 10mph higher.
Being over the speed limit on test is an automatic fail - that dos not include going slightly over the limit and IMMEDIATELY putting it right.

hey champs when you say previous tests how many times have you took it there?not being nosey but got my test there in two weeks time and now im brickin it !

hi dont forget after you have done your reversing on site you have to go through a vosa test centre before you do your controlled stop.before you enter the vosa area there is a big STOP SIGN put your park brake on and have a good look.
do not do what i did and fail to put park brake on.thats a fail straight away
even though your on their site its a official road sign!!!
GOOD LUCK :laughing:

hi dont forget after you have done your reversing on site you have to go through a vosa test centre before you do your controlled stop.before you enter the vosa area there is a big STOP SIGN put your park brake on and have a good look.
do not do what i did and fail to put park brake on.thats a fail straight away
even though your on their site its a official road sign!!!

I’d apply your parking brake at any stop sign whilst on test.

No repeater signs on street lights = 30 mph (is that right?)

Unless it’s a 20 ! Change in speed limit signs are always at entrances to roads at junctions.

Hi i have done my test twice at simonswood and failed, like the above post 1st time i hit the cone on the reverse and failed to apply handbrake at stop sign failed twice in 2 mins.
Second time forgot to flick the button down after pulling up for the hill start so i rolled back, instant fail!
I had a 9am test and a 2.30pm test - not much traffic about on the roads, just remember if you make any mistakes keep going in the hope the examiner will asess your whole drive.

whatever about speed limits when doing your test in simmonwood,
i dont know them,i just plod along if i am there.
be careful of the 8 wheel tippers coming in and out of that estate.
they are lunatics.
i had one try to pass me on the bad bend by greycourts container storage.
i cant name the company here,but i would love to.