Similar Scheme?

I was wondering if anybody might know this. I’ve been looking into the Systems Training course that some people seem to have signed up for where there is no payment up front and you payback through a wage or somehow similar as you are given a place working for a supermarket I believe.

I couldn’t find any information on their site so I contacted them but they have put that scheme on hold and is not open to new students (and so I couldn’t get much in the way of details.) Is there a training company out there that offers something similar? Dependent on terms & conditions and other small print this option may be of interest to me so that I can go for my Cat C+E within a more reasonable time scale.

LittleCar:
I was wondering if anybody might know this. I’ve been looking into the Systems Training course that some people seem to have signed up for where there is no payment up front and you payback through a wage or somehow similar as you are given a place working for a supermarket I believe.

I couldn’t find any information on their site so I contacted them but they have put that scheme on hold and is not open to new students (and so I couldn’t get much in the way of details.) Is there a training company out there that offers something similar? Dependent on terms & conditions and other small print this option may be of interest to me so that I can go for my Cat C+E within a more reasonable time scale.

Obviously a loan you will be taking out and i would hazard a guess at the interest rates being a tad high

I haven’t seen any training companies that offer this, but a few lads at work got their licences through some sort of scheme at other firms. Either they pay it back through their wages, or the firm just pays for it.

My friend worked for a big company as an engineer, and they offered C and CE training, where you signed a contract stating that if you leave in less than 5 years, you owe them some of the money back. So if you leave after 4 years, you owe 20% of the fee, after 3 you owe 40%, 2 you owe 60%, and 1 you owe 80%.

I think if a decent firm got their acts together, they could offer some scheme like the above in an “apprentice scheme”. They’d have guaranteed drivers, who most likely are motivated, and because they’ve been given a decent opportunity to get their licences and some experience, they wouldn’t have to pay the drivers top dollar either. The firm doesn’t lose any money through training too. It’s a win-win situation, except the companies will probably bring up the “experience” debate.

It reminds me of what a lot of people do for airline pilot training. Take an £80,000 secured loan, do 18 months of training, after which you get a 2 year “repayment holiday”, which supposedly gives you ample time to find a job. After 2 years, you pay back around £800 per month for the next 8 years :open_mouth:

I’ve looked at similar, if its anything ‘broker’ related I’d run a mile, there are a good few popping up on FACEBOOK now too lol…

Two option’s are, a loan, OR look for a company based scheme, its a looooong chalk but they are out there, ive found a few firms who are saying if you have ya C ticket they will take you on, do your CE then employ and subsequently deduct.

Guessing it saves them the time to get someone with all cards/certs ready, PLUS no real need to spend on recruiting as at end of the day if you have found their scheme you must be fairly serious as you’ve gone looking and found them!!

Well that’s my look at it anyway hahaha

Best of luck either way :sunglasses:

Well, I appreciate the attempts, though it seems as though system training may have been the only one that was offering the scheme specifically set up like it was, and I expect the terms & conditions may not have suited me but always worth checking.

Credit Card at 0% interest or a low APR loan seems better.

My missus booked a class 1 course for me as a present last year. She did it through a broker which probably cost us more than going straight to the driving school I did my course with. You can see how much it cost us in the pic below but that included the pass protection thingy which I was most grateful for because I failed the first time and passed on the second attempt. The broker puts you in touch with haulage companies after you pass and I have had endless calls asking me to come for an interview but I am quite happy in my class 2 job at the moment so have turned down all offers. Despite the advice posted on here about brokers I would recommend them for anyone with bad credit who can’t come up with the full amount required for training. Am only paying £50 a month for the training which I don’t even notice is gone outta my wages but it’s quite comforting to know that I don’t have to put up with crap from my class 2 job as I am now a qualified bendy driver lol. I hope you find the info useful

I have just done my C, C+E and CPC with Goldstar based in suffolk, they do what i think you are after but it takes some time from the first time i called them to now its taken about 3/4 of a year, but if you have any questions about them and how it works with them let me know and i will try to tell you what i know.

Thanks for all the help everybody, you’ve all been great.

Newbie7064:
Despite the advice posted on here about brokers I would recommend them for anyone with bad credit who can’t come up with the full amount required for training.

I agree that the advice may be a tad on the strong side regarding brokers, as it’s not always the case that it’s relevant to everybody and I do think that the advice should be changed to “be extra careful and diligent when considering using brokers.” While they are not for me I do have local trainers offering the same finance scheme with “pay4later” so I appreciate the advice.

MrGodSquad:
I have just done my C, C+E and CPC with Goldstar based in suffolk, they do what i think you are after but it takes some time from the first time i called them to now its taken about 3/4 of a year, but if you have any questions about them and how it works with them let me know and i will try to tell you what i know.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I have contacted them and they are currently updating their documents with new costings etc and will send me copies in due time. I’ll be going through all the details with a fine comb to see if it’s right for me and worth it.

Why did it take so long to get through all the training? Redundancies are looming heavily in my industry, and the company I work for is feeling the pinch after losing more work to overseas. You’ve all heard of the situation with Tata Steel I’m sure and the rest of us are not exactly safe. So while I’m not in a huge rush to get everything completed… it’s probably safer to assume sooner rather than later.

i think it’s just the amount of people that want to get on it