Silly WTD gets boot for O/D,S by EU

I never thought I would say this but well done EU for booting out this stupid piece of legislation for O/D,S NOW DO IT FOR THE REST OF THE DRIVERS THEN CUT THE HOURS AND GET RID OF THAT SILLY POA. The wtd was there to stop employers working the driver to death,the poa still made it possible to work long days, and what it has got to do with genuine owner drivers I have no idea.I have read the commercial motor today and the coments by people in the industry,how can a man who shells out a fortune for his truck and the worry of running it ect ect be put alongside a man who just drives one , how is it not a level playing field a company can and most do double shift their trucks and lat any tom ■■■■ and harry drive them ,lets stop this fannying around and get the hours cut.

:smiley:

I was only saying this last night. As long as poa is used, drivers will have no decent work/life balance. The fact there are so many truckers willing to work 60+ hours a week keeps the wages down and reduces the quality of life! What’s wrong with 48 per week? Sort out the tipping times at rdc’s and most could do it!

ah but some have to do 60 per week if they’re paid by the hour , & for the majority of uk employers the 48 hr week is a euro problem for slackers , so if you don’t want the hours someone else will, & they’re usually portuguese or polish !

biggest problem is haulage is like agriculture , there’s just not enough hours in the day , slow RDC’s ,traffic jams & crappy road systems , for most of us , soon as the 48th hour comes we’re still out there doing it ! i supose i’m lucky we don’t work POA as am on a rota that very rarely excedes the driver’s hours & when it does i get a day off to keep the hours down. never thought POA was a great idea anyway it was a way of making drivers think they’re doing less without having to cut the wage packet

This is just what I am saying about the silly wtd, it is kidoligy kidding people on that it is for the driver it is not it,s for the employer. Please correct me if I am wrong but when I used a log book it was only an 11 hour spread so now it is 15 can anyone tell me how that is an improvement and then there is the silly poa how can that not count as work.I must say I would not mind A 15 hour spread if the working week was 38 hours total,it is 2009 these are the hour we should realy be working