Silly question :D

hey

silly question but I need it confirming for me… Does class C licence automatically entitle C1? I know it sounds really silly but just want to be sure.

I’m assuming you have passed Cat C. You will see Cat C1 is valid from the sane date. No problems there

thanks for that, yes I passed my Class C test but haven’t got my licence back from DVLA yet so wasn’t too sure. Do C1 vehicles require driver to have passed CPC?..

I submitted my Licence application and Driver Card application on the same day. got my Driver card last week, still waiting on my Licence, how long does it take to print me a new licence! :smiley:

Do C1 vehicles require driver to have passed CPC?..

YES, if being driven professionally. Just the same as CAT C. The rules apply to 3.5 tonnes gross upwards.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

C1 is a subcategory of C

The main difference is that C1 can be used privately and not come under EU regs but for commercial use the rules are the same

If you passed car test before 1997 and passed C then you will have 2 x C1s on your licence with one expiring the same as C and the other expiring the same as you car date at age 70 and in that case the C1 covered by the C will often not be shown on the licence