Silencing the Veteran

It seems that Facebook has received complaints from various loony left tossers that are using the complaints procedure for “having my account deleted”.

I would ask where I stand on this board with regards to “demands to produce my personal ID - or have my account closed”.

I write this as an open request to the moderators of this board please…

If my accounts are about to be deleted everywhere, because I refuse point-blank to be a conformist and hand over my personal data - then let’s go out with a bang. :imp:

Have you been drinking?

End of year public meltdown. :laughing:
He’s hoping the Mods will metaphorically drop to their knees in a praying stance pleading ‘‘Please don’t go, we need you here’’ where as all he will get will be ‘‘Make sure you flick the lightswitch when you mince off’’
:unamused: :smiley:

Fakebook membership is entirely…

Optional. No one puts a gun to your head to join it.

winseer put the sherry down

Winseer:
It seems that Facebook has received complaints from various loony left tossers that are using the complaints procedure for “having my account deleted”.

I would ask where I stand on this board with regards to “demands to produce my personal ID - or have my account closed”.

If my accounts are about to be deleted everywhere, because I refuse point-blank to be a conformist and hand over my personal data - then let’s go out with a bang. :imp:

I have never been asked for any kind of ID and neither of my accounts are in my name or include any personal information. I have them simply as a reference tool.

Winseer:

why on earth do you wish to take part on faceache ? I think if you have been unfortunate / gullible enough to gets sucked into the nonsense then grab this opportunity with both hands and have your life back.

My Facebook account is in a false name, never had to verify who I was. According to my profile I am principle dance teacher at the London School of interpretative dance and movement!

the maoster:
My Facebook account is in a false name, never had to verify who I was. According to my profile I am principle dance teacher at the London School of interpretative dance and movement!

Pleased to hear that, I was looking at joining so I can interpret my displeasure to my boss in the future, through the medium of dance.
Where do I sign up?

Prolly just excessive waffling getting on face cloths ■■■■.

I reported one of the wife’s posts the other day for being offensive.

For what it’s worth the statement:
“My husband has a small ■■■■■”
Is not suitable, although 200 likes in 5 minutes ain’t bad going.

We should be alarmed that only the Loony Left can do “False News”. Anyone else coming up with any non-leftie arguments - must be silenced.

This is my only objection to losing my FB account, which didn’t really have anything of any use to criminals in any case.
I could say the same of my "News"paper accounts too. Once censorship starts - the people that need to be heard are going to be going one way or the other - and what’s left is a complete pile of ■■■■■■■■.

At least I can still say that on here then.

Here’s hoping that TNUK gets to become an even stronger forum that only censors on the basis of “swearing or personal attack” rather than “politically objectional argument” which appears to be becoming the norm elsewhere.

Now for an anti-lefty comment from your friendly neighborhood keyboard warrior…

“Anyone not paying taxes - should be denied a vote in any election in future”.

Meanwhile, it appalls me that as it stands - I might be voting for Theresa May at the next election for the same reason that Ex-Bernie supporters voted for Trump last month! :open_mouth: :frowning:

Dipper_Dave:
Prolly just excessive waffling getting on face cloths ■■■■.

I reported one of the wife’s posts the other day for being offensive.

For what it’s worth the statement:
“My husband has a small ■■■■■”
Is not suitable, although 200 likes in 5 minutes ain’t bad going.

200 strokes in five minutes - would be a bit on the slow side though. Hardly “Bunny” pace eh? :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:
Pleased to hear that, I was looking at joining so I can interpret my displeasure to my boss in the future, through the medium of dance.
Where do I sign up?

For Christs sake Rob mate, didn’t I tell you no more dancing after your last performance?

image.jpeg

We would not demand this.
The only case we would “ASK” is if we received a complaint about something you posted that conformed to the provisions of the Defamation Act . In that case it is so we can point the lawyers suing in your direction. The law lays down strict procedures we have to comply with, and time scales. However under the act there is no compulsion for you to provide those details. If you didn’t we would remove the comment permanently. This would only apply to your comment not to your account.

If your account is disruptive we do not ask for ID, we simply pre-mod or in extreme cases delete.

The only time this might change is if the law changed to compel us to collect such information.

merc0447:
Have you been drinking?

I think it takes more than drink to get that paranoid. but at least there is plenty of Tinfoil about at this time of year. :laughing:

Winseer:

Hi Winseer,

There’s no need for such drama on TN. :wink:

As Rikki has said, we don’t ask for proof of ID and I’ll add that it’s extremely rare that TN deletes anybody’s posting account.

Let’s have a look at the bigger picture and do a comparison…

For the most part, it seems to me that FB doesn’t do very much by way of moderation, so I’d imagine that most other people would have realised that too. It also seems to me that it therefore automatically follows that a poster on FB should be careful what they choose to say or to get involved in.

The law of the jungle is that posters sometimes have to take responsibility for what they post, otherwise various wolves will get them in various ways.

BTW, that’s non-judgemental, it’s just an observation of the way it is.

On the other hand, TN does what it says on the can.
It’s a truckers’ forum.
:bulb: The idea is that its focus is on all matters trucking-related.
Within that, there are various sub-headings such as Newbies and Euro etc, but TRUCKING RELATED.

You’ll probably be aware that TN is moderated in a completely different way to FB, and that’ll be quite simply due to choices made by the management of the two. There’s no right or wrong here. TN has focus, that’s why we move/delete non-trucking stuff or pre-mod those who can’t read (or don’t understand) what it says at the top of the main forum index page.

There are various places out there on the Net where a person can freely post various things, but TN isn’t one of them.

:bulb: Focus should not be confused with censorship, they are completely different animals.

It’s all quite simple really, cos the guideline is that TN does what it says on the can and the rest belongs elsewhere!!

‘‘Silencing the veteran’’ :unamused: …ffs :unamused:

c645c90a9e982663dfc591081632ac25.jpg

Rob…I have just looked at Maoster’s post.

Are you the lad without the shirt on, or the other ’ handsome ’ rascal on his left? Either way, I would suggest you lay off the mince pies.

You can’t see me, St.James is all seater, I’m sat behind that fat [zb] fighting for breath, he is actually stark bollock naked and he has managed to wedge my head up his fat arse when he sat back down. :neutral_face:

btw. Cheers Maoster :smiling_imp:
:laughing:

Why would anyone actually even bother with something as Jeremy Kyle as faceache??
It attracts the dregs and chavs who like to air their dirty laundry in public, letting everyone know when theyre going for a dump to going on holiday so the burglers know, avoid it like the plague, your private life is precious , why let everyone on the www know what you’re doing… :unamused:

I have about 30 facebook accounts, all in false names and never been asked to supply ID for any of them. And ive seen some pretty extreme right wing stuff on there so I have to ask, what in the ■■■■ were you posting to get yourself reported?
It sounds like you made the mistake of going to what I call a “snowflake page” where everyone is itching to be offended about something to show how tolerant and right on they are and when someone comes in with a hard stance they get all bent out of shape and dont like it so resort to hitting the report button.
You seem to have pretty hard right views so avoiding pages where the easily offended who dont seem to understand how the internet actually works would be my advice