signing on

Has anyone on here had any recent dealings with the situation where if you are struggling to find suitable employment and have to convince the DWP that you have a good reason for not continuing with a certain employer(in my case,red russet) in other words if they suspend your entitlement to jsa because they think you left a bad job situation with no good reason,do you still get something to survive on however miniscule as well as housing ben or can you be turfed out onto the streets?

My situation is tricky,since the recession kicked in i’ve struggled to find the work i know best,container tramping,and have moved into areas that i struggle to do such as traction,mega multi-drop type of stuff but it doesn’t stop me trying new situations and relocating on a sporadic basis but they usually end up in failure or physiotherapy.

It’s a problem compounded by living on the isle of wight where the only hauliers are fully manned and pay officially the lowest wage in the whole country so i tend to seek re-location scenarios which ain’t in abundance at the mo.Its one of those situations that if you do a certain type of driving requiring no manual involvment with the cargo as with boxes for many years,then your’e hardly going to make a smooth transition to the opposite end of the spectrum with work such as traction or car transporters for example,to me this makes sense but the job centre seem to have a default attitude that thinks all hgv is the same deal.Has anyone on here had similar experiences with this conundrum?

Don’t give them the full details.

You’d like to claim ‘Contribution based JSA’ and your contract ended :wink:

Contribution based isn’t like the scroungers get, it’s based on what you’ve paid into the system, so if you’ve not paid enough in, get a job ya bum :laughing: , but if you have, you can claim for upto (I think) 13 weeks without doing all the income bullcrap. Ideal if your partner works etc.

But, it’s still only 60 odd quid a week, not going to keep you going for long, so still better off signing on ■■■■ loads of agencies and applying for ■■■■ loads of jobs :sunglasses:

Try Maritme Southampton mate looking for Trampers at the mo not the best but ok… I’ve been there nearly 3 yrs now (felixstowe) had better jobs but also a lot worse… Look on the website Good luck :smiley:

Thanks chaps did 4 years for Southampton maritime but once you leave they don’t like taking you back it would seem.All the others are seriously over prescribed too.Grim sitch.

hi
try fowler welch at hilsea and southampton they need class one drivers nice steady clean work good kit and a good crowd to work with ask for chris needham best of luck
mick p

manalishi:
Thanks chaps did 4 years for Southampton maritime but once you leave they don’t like taking you back it would seem.All the others are seriously over prescribed too.Grim sitch.

Might still be worth a call spoke to a soton driver recently who went back after leaving to do euro work…

Sorry to jump in but do maritime take new drivers?

No mate the normal 2 yrs but saying that they’re desperate for drivers up here (felixstowe) not sure on the situation in soton but a phone call don’t cost much :smiley:

To me your post sounds like your lazy and the only work you’re willing to do is boxes because you can’t be arsed to graft? Why should all the people that actually bother going to work pay for you to do ■■■■ all?

Saaamon:
To me your post sounds like your lazy and the only work you’re willing to do is boxes because you can’t be arsed to graft? Why should all the people that actually bother going to work pay for you to do [zb] all?

Just what I was thinking. Can’t be arsed to peel his backside off the seat so expects the rest of us to pay for his existence. I hope the jobcentre laugh you out the door.

McDonald’s are always taking on. I doubt flipping burgers would result in you needing physio. Give them a call.

SmashedCrabFace:

Saaamon:
To me your post sounds like your lazy and the only work you’re willing to do is boxes because you can’t be arsed to graft? Why should all the people that actually bother going to work pay for you to do [zb] all?

Just what I was thinking. Can’t be arsed to peel his backside off the seat so expects the rest of us to pay for his existence. I hope the jobcentre laugh you out the door.

McDonald’s are always taking on. I doubt flipping burgers would result in you needing physio. Give them a call.

Like ■■■■ they are, it’s actually really difficult to get a job there.

My mate was a manager there years ago, and from what she told me, it’s a bloody excellent job, lots of perks and a ‘passport scheme’ where if you want to travel around the world, you can just transfer to different Mcdonalds, they will provide accomodation so you’ve just got to pay for your plane ticket.

People always slag the Macdonalds job off as ■■■■, but it ain’t half bad.

waynedl:

SmashedCrabFace:
McDonald’s are always taking on.

…it’s actually really difficult to get a job there.

I worked at McDonald’s when I was a nipper. It’s not hard to get a job there, at least it wasn’t back then.

I still frequent this fine establishment every now and then for a coffee or a dirty breakfast. Judging by the calibre of the staff nowadays and their blatant inability to perform simple tasks (ie take my order, take my money, give me what I ordered) without any mistakes, I’d say it’s still not that hard to get a job there.

A semi-conscious, lazy chimp could find employment there easily.