Signing on at Drivers Direct Nuneaton

I responded to a job advertised on directgov.co.uk class 2 drivers in my local area. Went down to the agency and went through the usual processes- Identificaton, work history, references etc finishing off with a questionaire on drivers rules and regs. All to be expected however when the consultant (can I mention his name?) checked my answers he told me I had got 45/47. Thinking I had got something obscure wrong I asked him to point out my “failings” and to my surprise/ horror I was told that “crossed hammers” = POA. Even though there is a poster on the wall with the symbols on it he refused to accept that I was right. I spent 4 hours on the internet trying to find when the law had been changed, in the end I gave up and sent an email to VOSA asking for clarification. Their reply “there has been no change in the law”. Has this happend to anybody else?

seen loads of them forms with the wrong answers on them

Crossed hammers is other work and the box with the line through it is POA. The bloke is a tool, don’t sweat it though.

Another quality agency clerk for you :unamused:

Had a similar one myself with northampton branch of this agency, apparently the speed limit for trucks on the motorway is 55mph…

highway code says otherwise, but hey this agency lass knows better.