Sign infrigements

if drivers have tacho infrigement time from time depent from company rules they give to drivers sign this paper.what this change???what plus for drivers?if VOSA stop and drivers was signed or not .What difference. ■■?or it is just extra paper ,and company want show to VOSA -we found drivers mistakes.

It is so that the company can be seen to be doing what they’re required to do, monitoring your drivers hours and informing you of infringements.

YOU do not need to sign an infringement, many dont for personal and professional reasons (i,e, Not wanting to admit liability of the heinous crime of exceeding 4.5 hours drive by 2 minutes etc.)

The company must however, monitor drivers hours and INFORM drivers of any defects

infringements are used increasingly in the decision on who to select for redundancies.
i.e. score points for infringements, points for absences , points for damage etc etc.
less points = more chance of keeping job.

Conor:
It is so that the company can be seen to be doing what they’re required to do, monitoring your drivers hours and informing you of infringements.

Precisely right ^^^.

I’ve signed several infringements for going above 60 hours duty; It makes no difference. :unamused:

bald bloke:

Conor:

Precisely right ^^^.

Precisely b4114ocks! :wink:

fredthered:

bald bloke:

Conor:

Precisely right ^^^.

Precisely b4114ocks! :wink:

Go on then tell us the reason. :unamused:

Just re-read mine and could be read that I’m knocking you but I’m not, I meant the getting you to sign them. They don’t know why they’re asking you to sign or what for, all they know is you have to its company policy.

No offense to you or anyone else! :wink:

fredthered:
Just re-read mine and could be read that I’m knocking you but I’m not, I meant the getting you to sign them. They don’t know why they’re asking you to sign or what for, all they know is you have to its company policy.

No offense to you or anyone else! :wink:

You sign it to show you’ve read it and understand it.

I know that! I just wanted to say I thought it was bo44ocks.

As has already been said, you don’t have to sign anything anyway so it’s a mute point I suppose.

Or even a moot point :slight_smile:

On the odd occasion I’ve been asked to sign one (usually for the heinous crime of going 2 or 3 minutes past a 6 hour Working Time break) I write “acknowledged” and then sign & date.

As others have said, the company is duty bound to bring any infringement to the driver’s notice and that’s the end of it.