Sightseeing tour

Well, it looks like I’m beginning to flood you with pictures. I did a sightseeing tour today as it looks like this snow isn’t going to melt after all. I don’t know why I decided to took my camera with me this time but now you have to suffer the consequences of my mistake as my camera managed to capture some trucks :smiley:

First nice start with picture of young tree as camera’s automatic focus thought it to be a good object for focus :imp: Behind that tree is quite rare sight far from the south. Iveco Stralis which against all odds is actually moving without any help :slight_smile: I think this is 6x4 model as it’s all axles are on the ground despite it’s running empty.

Now there is snowy backside of the signboard because of some anonymous photographer didn’t notice it when he positioned himself for taking this pic :blush: Finnish built Sisu pulling semi-trailer on the dolly. This truck most likely has 11 litre 420hp ■■■■■■■ or 12 litre 440hp Mack with ZF or Eaton synchro gearbox.

Around 14.5 meter long city bus on 260hp Scania 94 chassis.

Another city bus built on same 260hp Scania 94 chassis. I think manufacturer is french company called Omnibus . Strange thing with these 18 meter long “articulated buses” (what’s correct word for these?) is that drive axle isn’t middle axle. These have back engine so last axle is drive axle and it never cease to amaze me that these aren’t stuck on every little hill at winter.

Two trucks driving for Kiitolinja heading to their cargo terminal. Kiitolinja is big fish in finnish transport industry and it is formed to act as a marketing allience for a group of finnish haulage companies. Silver FH12 is owned by one of the three big companies driving for Kiitolinja and red FH12 pulling Schenker’s semitrailer is owned by another one of those three.

Smashing pics again…huge lorries/buses and snow always make for impressive results. :sunglasses:

Very nice :wink:

Great pics :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Top class :laughing:

Impressive display Kyrbo, never mind getting a grip in winter, how come those artic buses don’t jack-knife themselves pushing from the rear? Ever tried to push a piece of string :question: :open_mouth:

Good economics those semis and dollies behind rigids, but we have had a long discussion about the instability of tails wagging dogs, haven’t we :question: :wink: .

Salut, David.

Kyrbo:
Well, it looks like I’m beginning to flood you with pictures. I did a sightseeing tour today as it looks like this snow isn’t going to melt after all. I don’t know why I decided to took my camera with me this time but now you have to suffer the consequences of my mistake as my camera managed to capture some trucks :smiley:

Feel free to keep flooding - your pictures are always really good!

Paul

Spardo, I don’t know how they manage to drive those artic buses but I haven’t seen any of them jack-knifed :open_mouth: I really don’t understand how they manage at winter as the rear is following “freely”, just like normal mid-axle drag would. These rear engine artic buses are relatively new thing here and I have heard that they have spent quite some time on the carage becouse of their unreliability.

I’m quite sure that we had a “short” conversation but usually those aren’t that bad :slight_smile:

I still must say that combination of semi and dolly has worse stability than a “proper” a-frame trailer. Silver Volvo in the last picture is pulling such “proper” trailer but it’s quite difficult to see difference from these pictures (and I didn’t even mention how “nice” it’s pulling such 5-axle trailer at bad weather, like wet snow, particularly with 445 wide super singles as there’s sometimes a possibility of aquaplaning ).

Very Good Pics Kyrbo :smiley: