Siemens VDO (again)

Might seem trivial to you lot but, when I finish my shift I put it on rest, when I start my next shift will it automatically record rest until I insert my card for the next shift?

I should say, when I insert my card it asks if I want to do one manual entry. I always say no but I think I should be adding a manual entry for the rest period between shifts?

On the old style it automatically enters the time between shifts as a ?
This is accepted as daily rest. On the new 1.4 you have to manually input the ? For the time between shifts.
Putting it on rest before ejecting card is pointless as it will only record any rest if it’s left for one complete minute. If you put it on rest an eject it straight away it won’t register anything apart from the default (I.e other work)

Hmm, it’s in a new truck but I looked at a printout earlier and there was a ‘?’ but it was only a brief look. Think I may start doing an entry just for piece of mind.

It’s assumed that you are on rest if you’re tacho card is out, if you are not, you need to do a manual entry next time you insert the card if you can be arsed.

Just remember when entering daily/weekly rest periods to use the ? Symbol instead of the bed symbol.

m1cks:
Just remember when entering daily/weekly rest periods to use the ? Symbol instead of the bed symbol.

Why ■■

To differentiate between a break and a rest period.

nick2008:

m1cks:

m1cks:

Why ■■

The bed symbol and the ? symbol doesn’t differentiate between break and rest, if I remember correctly you’ve been told to use the ? symbol for rest periods but that’s a company rule not the way the symbol must be used.

The bed symbol is for breaks and daily/weekly rest periods, the ? is for time that cannot be accounted for on the digital tachograph.

The reason for the ? symbol is explained in a bit more detail in this post

tachograph:

nick2008:

m1cks:

m1cks:

Why ■■

The bed symbol and the ? symbol doesn’t differentiate between break and rest, if I remember correctly you’ve been told to use the ? symbol for rest periods but that’s a company rule not the way the symbol must be used.

The bed symbol is for breaks and daily/weekly rest periods, the ? is for time that cannot be accounted for on the digital tachograph.

The reason for the ? symbol is explained in a bit more detail in this post

I’ve always recorded rest /break with the bed symbol as that’s all I do when I finish work …