Siemens transport

Siemens have been intouch …good or bad ? any info please // and how much to rent a 4 bed /house or simular ?

Has anyone had a web cam interview ?

I got an email off them today, saying this…

Email from Siemens Transportation:
Hope all is well! It’s been a while since we last spoke. I simply want to touch base with you to ask if you are still interested in an employment opportunity as a Long Haul Truck Driver with Siemens Transportation Group Inc.

I am emailing to inform you that we will be holding Webcam interviews which we feel will be more convenient for you and your families, which we also encourage to attend. If you are interested in scheduling a time, we do ask that you first collect and submit to us the following documents:

1. A copy of criminal record search - drivers cannot have a criminal record

2. A copy of criminal record search for all dependents over 18 years - cannot have a criminal

record

1. A copy of drivers license

2. A copy of Medical Exam Form completed by a General Practitioner, link to the form to be filled out:

dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/onlineforms.aspx

1. A copy of a medical letter from a General Practitioner for all dependents over 18 — including spouse

2. A copy of a driver’s assessment — road test — go to the closest certified driving training facility

3. A drug test will be required. The illicit drugs to be tested for are marijuana (THC), cocaine, opiates, amphetamines and phencyclidine (PCP). Urinalysis/blood/hair follicles are the methods used for identification of illicit drugs.

4. Three (3) reference verification letters. All letters must be on official letterhead paper and include dates of employment and position held. All references must be verifiable.

5. Copy of Birth Certificate — Long Form

6. Curriculum Vitae

Please email or call if you have any questions. We do look forward to meeting you.

Leah Penner
Driver Recruitment
Siemens Transportation Group
2411 Wentz Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7K 3V6
Phone: 306-668-3500
Toll Free: 1-888-878-9585
Fax: 306-668-5849
driver.recruitment@siemenstransport.com

Yes it has been a while, 2008 in fact! I was going to reply and tell them no thanks, I’ve been in Canada since 2009, am a resident and didn’t have to do any of this medical, drug test and driving assessment nonsense that they want before hand but can’t really be bothered.

robinhood_1984:

Hope all is well! It’s been a while since we last spoke. I simply want to touch base with you to ask if you are still interested in an employment opportunity as a Long Haul Truck Driver with Siemens Transportation Group Inc.

I am emailing to inform you that we will be holding Webcam interviews which we feel will be more convenient for you and your families, which we also encourage to attend. If you are interested in scheduling a time, we do ask that you first collect and submit to us the following documents:

2. A copy of criminal record search for all dependents over 18 years - cannot have a criminal

record

2. A copy of Medical Exam Form completed by a General Practitioner, link to the form to be filled out:

1. A copy of a medical letter from a General Practitioner for all dependents over 18 — including spouse

2. A copy of a driver’s assessment — road test — go to the closest certified driving training facility

3. A drug test will be required. The illicit drugs to be tested for are marijuana (THC), cocaine, opiates, amphetamines and phencyclidine (PCP). Urinalysis/blood/hair follicles are the methods used for identification of illicit drugs.

4. Three (3) reference verification letters. All letters must be on official letterhead paper and include dates of employment and position held. All references must be verifiable.

6. Curriculum Vitae

Please email or call if you have any questions. We do look forward to meeting you.

Leah Penner
Driver Recruitment
2411 Wentz Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7K 3V6

Yes it has been a while, 2008 in fact! I was going to reply and tell them no thanks, I’ve been in Canada since 2009, am a resident and didn’t have to do any of this medical, drug test and driving assessment nonsense that they want before hand but can’t really be bothered.

YEP THIS IS THE EMAIL …take it just time wasters then ?

robinhood_1984:

record

6. Curriculum Vitae

Leah Penner
Driver Recruitment
2411 Wentz Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7K 3V6

I contacted them in early ‘06’, by email, never heard anything back again, perhaps there’s an email winging it’s way to me now.
Looking forward to it.

upandatem:
YEP THIS IS THE EMAIL …take it just time wasters then ?

I imagine they’re desperate for drivers and casting a very very wide net in the hope of attracting someone that at one time or another contacted them. I’m surprised my email address is still in their system after almost six years though.

No idea what the company is like to work for, no harm in responding to them to see what they say, I’d be telling them to get foo arked if they thought I was going to comply with their long list of requirements though. A criminal record check and driving record is one thing, but going to a training school for an assessment in the UK, or paying out for a medical and drugs test? I don’t bloody think so.

neilg14:
I contacted them in early ‘06’, by email, never heard anything back again, perhaps there’s an email winging it’s way to me now.
Looking forward to it.

You never know, I just happened to spot it in my junk mail folder.

I applied to them years ago and they pointed me in the direction of kindersly.

quote=“taffytrucker”]I applied to them years ago and they pointed me in the direction of kindersly.
[/quote]
I reckon Kindersley are at the bottom of the pile in that group, use to deal with their trl’s regularly & they’re ■■■■■■■ hanging.
I met a HWT driver (English) in Chilliwack a few years ago, said he was a recruiter & trainer driver for them, spent 20 mins bigging them up & giving me all the spiel & a calling card with his name & number on etc.
Anyway I went to bed, met him again for breakfast in the morning, after chatting, he end’s up taking H&R’s phone numbers from me.
Oh how I laughed driving away.

Upandatem,
Where are you looking to move to ? The cost of renting a house will differ massively depending where.

Only done one webcam interview and failed it miserably, she kept telling me I was a bad boy and she was going to hurt me and then wanted my credit card details.

Hi neilg14
I was condering sasktoon apparently cheaper there …i applied to siemens ages ago then got email from them …so sent in a few bits and bobs ,and got another email saying under review ■■? cant be arsed fannnying about ,lost track of how many emails sent out to Canadian firms … heard H&R are pants to work for ,this is from a wannabe get me to canada driver,stepping stones ect ? mmm

quote=“taffytrucker”]I applied to them years ago and they pointed me in the direction of kindersly.

I reckon Kindersley are at the bottom of the pile in that group, use to deal with their trl’s regularly & they’re [zb] hanging.
I met a HWT driver (English) in Chilliwack a few years ago, said he was a recruiter & trainer driver for them, spent 20 mins bigging them up & giving me all the spiel & a calling card with his name & number on etc.
Anyway I went to bed, met him again for breakfast in the morning, after chatting, he end’s up taking H&R’s phone numbers from me.
Oh how I laughed driving away.

Upandatem,
Where are you looking to move to ? The cost of renting a house will differ massively depending where.

Only done one webcam interview and failed it miserably, she kept telling me I was a bad boy and she was going to hurt me and then wanted my credit card details.
[/quote]

Wrong interview there Neil lol think she wanted to know it you had the proper equipment for the job lmao

Told Siemens em not interested …