Siemens Digi question

I’m not certain what model my tacho is but can anynoe tell me if I can change the default so it goes straght to rest when I stop? As I’m the only person driving my truck I leave my card in the head but, twice I’ve gone home & forgotten to shift the mode to bed & I don’t want to drop myself in it. Both times I’ve done a printout & written n explanation on the rear of it, I’ve also accepted the driving time already on the screen & taken my break early on both days but I’d rather do the job properly.

My mate’s just bought a new MAN & his tacho goes straight to rest as soon as he stops, this would be great for me but I don’t want to buy a new lorry to achieve it :slight_smile:

BB

It can be changed by a workshop.

It makes much more sense for it to go to other work by default, and you are much less likely to run into trouble.

The trouble is if it goes straight to bed mode and if you’re stuck in traffic for a few minutes at a time its going to keep showing up little bits of break, best really to either eject it or get into the habit of putting it on bed when you’ve finished.

bald bloke:
The trouble is if it goes straight to bed mode and if you’re stuck in traffic for a few minutes at a time its going to keep showing up little bits of break, best really to either eject it or get into the habit of putting it on bed when you’ve finished.

Only registers breaks after 15 minutes not any thing below that.

bald bloke:

Would you keep switching the engine off in traffic then?

I drove a MAN that defaulted to rest for nearly a year and a half, and whilst I did quickly get used to it I have to say that every-time I turned the ignition off after dark I had to use the interior lights to be able to change the tachograph mode to other work, like I say I got in the habit of doing it but it was always a pain in the arse.

In my opinion by far the best option is to take the card out and keep it with you or at least eject the card at the end of the shift, going home with the card still in the tachograph simply makes no sense as far as I’m concerned, what if you’re taken ill and someone else drives the vehicle, can you be sure they won’t be using your card.

Basilbrush:
As I’m the only person driving my truck I leave my card in the head

As you need to remember to end the shift by inputting the code for the country you finish the shift in why not just eject the card at the same time.

bald bloke:
The trouble is if it goes straight to bed mode and if you’re stuck in traffic for a few minutes at a time its going to keep showing up little bits of break,

What is the problem with that :question:

I got a unit today that if you have it on bed mode and you then put the ignition on for whatever reason it changes straight to other work, so I will defect that because that ain’t a lot of good it could catch someone out.

bald bloke:
I got a unit today that if you have it on bed mode and you then put the ignition on for whatever reason it changes straight to other work, so I will defect that because that ain’t a lot of good it could catch someone out.

There are quite a few that do that, it’s not a defect as such, and there is a way round it but I can’t remember what it is as it’s a while since I drove one that did that, but it can be changed by a workshop.

You can be sat there on break reading a paper someone comes over to ask directions and without thinking you put ignition on to lower window (although you don’t need to on most) and all of a sudden its DOH its back on work, you give directions put window up see out the rest of your break thinking all is fine when It’s not.

Thanks for everyone who replied, it’s appreciated. I think I’ll enroll on a tacho course, I began leaving my card in when a mate of mine who’d just started as an owner driver went on a Tacho day with VOSA & they told him they preferred the card left in as long as it was a one driver vehicle. I wasn’t made aware that I needed to input the country I’m ending my shift in. I guess I took it for granted as I never leave the UK that all would be well. I take the point on the mode change too & I’ll be leaving the truck as it is, going to other duties when I stop.

BB