Sidepipes?

Can anyone please suggest where a good place is to buy sidepipes. My XF has a hole brewing in the exhaust?

Holland :smiley:

I know a guy that has them on a 480 xf. They dont sound good, like an od daf with a rotten exhaust :confused:

I read an ad where a guy had them on a switch :question: Anyone know what this means

Sort of switches them on and off as far as i know.

Karl.:
Sort of switches them on and off as far as i know.

Why fit them then turn them off

if u take your truck home and dont want to disturb the neighbours when starting early

Still dont understand how they can be turned off :blush:

Using an air operated butterfly valve,

you can then have the original exhaust through a silencer or you can flick the switch and have non silenced straight through sidepipes,

I know of one truck that has a normal exhaust, sidepipes and stacks

all switched so you can choose which one you want to use,!!!

Discopete:
Using an air operated butterfly valve,

you can then have the original exhaust through a silencer or you can flick the switch and have non silenced straight through sidepipes,

I know of one truck that has a normal exhaust, sidepipes and stacks

all switched so you can choose which one you want to use,!!!

Just a bit OTT for me.

yeah me too, some sound nice when pulling hard but thats about it !

Most sound rubbish and not worth the money some people have invested, :laughing:

We had an old 143. It had the original exhaust and even it was too loud. I had to pull over if the phone rang cos the hands free was a waste of time. Couldnt hear a thing. :unamused:

Exhaust system are a pretty complicated bit of engineering, so why mess with em :question:

The reverberating pressure waves are all calculated and messing with length/bore causes problems, such as the pressure waves smacking the valves when thier in the wrong position, it does cause subtle but significant damage over extended periods. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Exhausts need to be ‘tuned’, and I’m not talking about just making a nice sound.