Side window sticker

not had one of these for a while but just wondered what the rules were for having them , etched effect window stickers .

these were on my old 8 wheeler but when it went for test they had to be removed before the ministry man would let it in the test centre Taunton . i have a friend who has his tested in exeter & they ignored his window stickers & the truck went through the test no problem , matter of fact loads of them do but not at taunton , is this exclusive to taunton or has anyone else had to take theirs off, i’m not forking out on new stickers every year

That’s strange, these stickers must be fitted in conjunction with a knob on the steering wheel,a minimum of 20 extra
[preferably blue] lights on a bullbar and flags in the windscreen.

Oh,and a knob on the drivers seat…

Failure :grimacing:

Wind the windows right down when you go for test so the examiner won’t see them.

i think it all depends on the size of the stickers, have recently put these in dads, got test coming up soon so will let ya know what happens

206doorman:
That’s strange, these stickers must be fitted in conjunction with a knob on the steering wheel,a minimum of 20 extra
[preferably blue] lights on a bullbar and flags in the windscreen.

Oh,and a knob on the drivers seat…

Failure :grimacing:

you forgot the tassle curtains pulled so far forward you can just about see the mirrors

I tried to google for specific info on this issue and could not find anything.

I reckon it is going to be down to the individual VOSA or Police officer as to how they view it as to any vision imparement.

I dont go for bling in a big way, but I do think that they look quite cool on certain trucks - Scania, DAF and Volvo but plain wrong on a Renault :sunglasses:

my truck has them on both doors, it went for MoT on the 12th April and passed, the examiner never said anything about them.

other vehicles i have, have got them too, i have taken them to Derby, Leicester and Watnall test centres and nothing has ever been said.

MolePower:
not had one of these for a while but just wondered what the rules were for having them , etched effect window stickers .

these were on my old 8 wheeler but when it went for test they had to be removed before the ministry man would let it in the test centre Taunton . i have a friend who has his tested in exeter & they ignored his window stickers & the truck went through the test no problem , matter of fact loads of them do but not at taunton , is this exclusive to taunton or has anyone else had to take theirs off, i’m not forking out on new stickers every year

i reckon its because kerbside mirror slightly obscured…wind em down next time…and dont take shep to the testing station…

MolePower:

I would not allow this vehicle to be MOTed as well. I consider it unsafe. This sticker with a dog picture on it obscures almost all sufrace of the left window :wink:

diggertony:

MolePower:

i reckon its because kerbside mirror slightly obscured…wind em down next time…and dont take shep to the testing station..

cant now anyway i had to have her put to sleep the end of january :cry: