Sick Pay

Just a quicky! :wink: How many people get paid company sick pay from the first day?

If you don’t, how many days sick before you get CSP if ever? Thinking of security and wondering about going to larger companies if they pay sick pay especially from the first day!

Thanks for your help

I doubt anybody does, your best bet would be Royal Mail maybe… if you think you are about to fall ill then perhaps truck driving isn’t for you.

I doubt any company gives sick pay from day 1
Probably not a good question to ask early in any interview :smiley:

The company I worked for it was a week then you got SSP for 6 months, its not a lot, but its better than nothing.

If I recall it was £80 a week!!

Hope this helps

i used to work for a place where you got 9 months full pay then 3 months half pay all from day 1, this also included any part time staff, you would,nt belive how many people started then went sick after about a fortnight!! couple of people were even doing a second job??

it then changed to 3 months full 3 months half, to new staff but it still happened so again they changed it so the sick pay was in proportion to how long you worked there and there was a qualifying period…

so can,t really moan about companies not offering sick pay any longer when it gets abused…

…We get full company pay from day one for up to 4 weeks, then just Statutory Sick Pay after that, (unless you have your own personal scheme which then kicks in.)

• Supermarket company, four letters, begins with ‘A’ (but not Asda) :wink:

We get sick pay from day 1,last time i was off it was £86.50 per day :smiley: ,last for as long as your off and you have built up enough entitlement,we get 1 day per month up to 60 days after 5 yrs,i work for a major meat company on own account transport

We get sick pay from day 1,last time i was off it was £86.50 per day ,last for as long as your off and you have built up enough entitlement,we get 1 day per month up to 60 days after 5 yrs,i work for a major meat company on own account transport

surely that means that you have to work for a month to get one days pay,or 5 months to get a weeks sick pay, so not really from day one.

I got SSP from day 1 which at the time was £70.0 ish per week but that was 3.5 years ago then after between 26-29 weeks by law they have to finnish you so be careful

del949:

We get sick pay from day 1,last time i was off it was £86.50 per day ,last for as long as your off and you have built up enough entitlement,we get 1 day per month up to 60 days after 5 yrs,i work for a major meat company on own account transport

surely that means that you have to work for a month to get one days pay,or 5 months to get a weeks sick pay, so not really from day one.

If i go sick tomorrow i will be paid as long as ive got any sick entitlement…i aint been off sick for 5 yrs so ive got 60 days available sick pay,if i hadnt been there for a month then i wouldnt have any sick pay yet

I think that I have misunderstood what is meant by “first day”
I was taking it to mean (in the OP) from the first day of employment rather than the first day of sickness(i.e. no waiting days)

SSP is paid after the first 3 days off sick at £79.15 for 28 weeks and then after that its down to the Works & Pensions which is a department within the jobcentre plus and they pay you £60 per week until they send for you to have a medical assessment to confirm that you are not trying to pull the wool over there eyes.I know this because I have just been off for that amount of time after having a heart bypass op.

And if your self employed you don’t get ssp. I’m off work at the moment and I am getting £65.45 a week employment and support allowance and that’s for a broken back

daleyboy:
And if your self employed you don’t get ssp. I’m off work at the moment and I am getting £65.45 a week employment and support allowance and that’s for a broken back

Yes I have that & went through the system where they told me there was nothing wrong with me :unamused: :unamused:

A quick read of that may help

pda-uk.org/healthmatters/rea … kpain.html

animal:

daleyboy:

Yes I have that & went through the system where they told me there was nothing wrong with me :unamused: :unamused:

It’s unreal the amount of forms I’ve had to fill in. I’m amazed that these thick dole scroungers are capable of filling the forms in. So far for the ESA I had a 40 minute telephone interview. I’ve also had to fill out a 30 page medical questionnaire along with supplying proof of income, savings, expenses, rent agreement. I’ve had various other forms to fill in as well as having to supply doctors notes and proof of hospital visits. I’m almost at the point where I can’t be arsed to claim.

I’ve never claimed benefits before and I really couldn’t face it if I ever have to claim again especially for £65 a week. I’ve also had a 30 minute telephone interview for housing benefit and again supply all the evidence. I now have to wait upto 8 weeks to find out if I can get this. Never mind the fact I’ve already waited 3 weeks, they don’t seem to understand that landlords/mortgage companies won’t wait 3 months for payment.

Anyway thanks for the link I’m gonna have a look now

daleyboy:

animal:

daleyboy:

It’s unreal the amount of forms I’ve had to fill in. I’m amazed that these thick dole scroungers are capable of filling the forms in. So far for the ESA I had a 40 minute telephone interview. I’ve also had to fill out a 30 page medical questionnaire along with supplying proof of income, savings, expenses, rent agreement. I’ve had various other forms to fill in as well as having to supply doctors notes and proof of hospital visits. I’m almost at the point where I can’t be arsed to claim.

I’ve never claimed benefits before and I really couldn’t face it if I ever have to claim again especially for £65 a week. I’ve also had a 30 minute telephone interview for housing benefit and again supply all the evidence. I now have to wait upto 8 weeks to find out if I can get this. Never mind the fact I’ve already waited 3 weeks, they don’t seem to understand that landlords/mortgage companies won’t wait 3 months for payment.

Anyway thanks for the link I’m gonna have a look now

Yes then they send you for a medical then say you are fine then you have to appeal then you go to tribunal then they say you are fit for work go away :unamused: :unamused:

I did go to CAB which filled in all my forms & dealt with most things for me this was a help

We get paid from day 2. works out at around £105 a day and thats for 13 wks. making full use of it at moment as i’m on my 8th week off after tearing my achilles tendon :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

car-man:
We get paid from day 2. works out at around £105 a day and thats for 13 wks. making full use of it at moment as i’m on my 8th week off after tearing my achilles tendon :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Ouch have done both mine at different times :unamused: