Sick leave and tachos

Hi I am going to be of work for at least 4 weeks recovery time after surgery I am on paper charts do I need to fill these in for the time off or do I just start with no charts as previous 4 weeks will be with of office thanks

Just get your office to write a letter of attestation for the period that you have been and that should see you right

If your work involves driving in Europe,an activity attestation letter is needed to cover the last 28 days of records or court deposit to pay on the road side of 3000Euros or more.
I think a letter is not required in the UK?
As Vosa/Police have to prove what you have not been doing.
If stopped in the UK,you have the hospital letters as proof.

At our place we just handed blanks in with sick wrote on the envelopes and the employer will just sign them back in the book as normal,then when you start back you will have the right amount of tachos with you,thats how we did it never had issues.

seth 70:
At our place we just handed blanks in with sick wrote on the envelopes and the employer will just sign them back in the book as normal,then when you start back you will have the right amount of tachos with you,thats how we did it never had issues.

all need if drive abroad.inside country don t needed

raymond888uk:
Hi I am going to be of work for at least 4 weeks recovery time after surgery I am on paper charts do I need to fill these in for the time off or do I just start with no charts as previous 4 weeks will be with of office thanks

You only need to fill charts in if it’s company to do so, there’s no legal reason to fill charts in when you’re off work.

When you get back to work you will start with no completed charts and that’s fine, you won’t need it in the UK but if you go over the water your employer will need to give you a form of attestation to cover the time off work.
Having said that, if you go abroad you probably already know about letters of attestation.

The authorities in the UK will take no records as rest unless they suspect otherwise in which case its up to them to prove their case

Thanks for all the info

We’ve just been told these letters are now needed in the UK :open_mouth:

Darb:
We’ve just been told these letters are now needed in the UK :open_mouth:

Is this on the DCPC course you mentioned in another post ?

Yes it is and we’ve also been told about a driver in the services approached by VOSA to check his mudguard but he said he was on a break, so the fined him for being sat at his steering wheel :unamused:

Darb:
Yes it is and we’ve also been told about a driver in the services approached by VOSA to check his mudguard but he said he was on a break, so the fined him for being sat at his steering wheel :unamused:

Jesus Christ were do they find these cpc trainers living under chairs in rdc waiting rooms listening to every bull story that’s told in there :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

wildfire:

Darb:

Jesus Christ were do they find these cpc trainers living under chairs in rdc waiting rooms listening to every bull story that’s told in there :blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve overheard a VOSA say they could fine a driver for cleaning his mirrors whilst on a break after they told him that he should clean them. I hate them all, the tossers.

Some months back one of our drivers WAS fined for cleaning his mirrors while on break at Michael Wood.That was down to that particular VOSA person but dont think it cant/wont happen.

boden:
Some months back one of our drivers WAS fined for cleaning his mirrors while on break at Michael Wood.That was down to that particular VOSA person but dont think it cant/wont happen.

It would be interesting to actually see the paperwork involved with this.
Personally I don’t believe it, but I keep hearing these bizarre stories from both Truck and Bus drivers so it must be true :open_mouth:

Well dont believe it then.I rarely bother posting because of such replies.The company I work for is a big operator who run a low key but ultra legal operation and this was flagged up across all depots(the driver concerned was’nt from our depot) so other drivers may not get caught out. Suit yourself, but if you just give it some thought ,is’nt it typical of how legislation is often enforced in this country.

Don’t you just love these stories, true or not, they make the job worthwhile. It’s like sitting on break, vosa approaches and knocks on your door, you turn the key to power the window & boom, got you. The pettiness in this business is astounding.