Sick Days?

I finished on Friday night with the cold from hell and coughing my guts up all night , i dont think ive ever had a migrane until now, i have had this since last friday when i went home early i was off on holiday Monday and Tuesday still feeling bad but decided to go back Wednesday night but still feeling like ■■■■.

So i left work at 4 am this morning saying i might not be in tonight and actually feel quite guilty as we have about 4/5 agency drivers in at the minute and we are VERY busy.

Should i feel guilty or should i go to work with a very bad cough and the headache from hell?.

I,ve had 1 day off sick in 6 months so i dont think its that bad do you?.

How much more guilty will you feel when you’re so tired/ill that you lose concentration, have an accident and kill someone?

Stay off the road. Youll get better quicker if you have rest.

Oh, and I forgot: I hope you get better soon :slight_smile:

Dont feel guilty Jammy,
I heard on the radio the other dat that the goverment had done a study over a 10 years regarding civil servants and sick leave. there findings amazed me in the fact that those workers who had come in to work with colds where at a greater risk of having a heart attack than those that had stayed at home.
Also look at it this way, as a proffesional driver you are meant to think of all possible scenarios and plan ahead your journey to the most cost effective and safest. Well we all know what its like to have a bad cold and when your searching round for tissues to wipe that sneezing fit youve just had and covering your mouth with one hand whilst driving after a coughing bout, not exactly what could be seen as proffesional, especially if you have an accident whilst doing one of the above. you know that the gaffer would only use it as an excuse to repremand you.
So go on take the time off get better then go back to work, dont worry about them because they wont worry about you.

Paul

if your sick mate your sick,nothing you can do about it,going to work will make you feel worse.let them get a 6th agency driver in :wink:

■■■■ Wussies !!!

I remember being that bad I had to climb out of my Coffin to get to work, but did I complain :question: No Not once :unamused:

My Nose was running like a tap, my diahorria was flowing like a constant stream, but my dedication to fulfil my employment obligations was such, that my motto was the show must go on ! Snivelling colds, headaches my god what next :imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you aint up to doing the Job dont go to work, your more of a risk to yourself and your fellow employees if you attend with viruses etc.

Sickness is just mind over matter, if you don’t mind it doesn’t matter. Haven’t had a day off sick in over twenty years. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I look at it this way i can either

A/ stay at home with the worlds worst illness and put up with the wife

or

B/ go to work with the worlds worst illness and have a peaceful day

work wins all the time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
simon

If you’re ill, you’re ill… Only you can decide wether you’re well enuf to drive safely…

In my last year as a programmer, I had 14 days off in 12months… Enuf to get a rollocking… :unamused:
But in 18 Months of driving I haven’t had a single day off sick…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

I’ve just had to go home with a bad case of the squits :smiling_imp: . I wanted about 11 or so hours out the day rather than eight :unamused: . Won’t let me do chill with a dicky tummy though :frowning: . I don’t normally suffer from anything, but that’s the fourth pigging day I’ve had this year :smiling_imp: :unamused: :open_mouth: :confused: . I wonder if the bugs are getting more virulent, or my immune system’s gone to pot :unamused: .