Shunting with road unit and digi card?

This week I am doing 10am till 8pm shunting shifts. First 6 hours in road unit as no spare tugs. Been told to put digi card in to record missing milage.

After six hours with about 3.5 hours driving I remove card then have break of 30 minutes.
Can’t leave it in as unit is needed.

I take it I need do a manual entry next day? Or just fill in my time sheet and keep copy re VOSA?

If no on-road work is done then no legal requirement to use tacho - I think out of scope can be selected on the unit but am prepared to be corrected on that

A warehouse person could be a trained shunter without a LGV licence and they do not need a digicard etc

ROG:
I think out of scope can be selected on the unit

Our tug was down a few months ago and a road unit was used and the shunter was told by someone high up that out of scope perfectly ok to use.

andy187:
This week I am doing 10am till 8pm shunting shifts. First 6 hours in road unit as no spare tugs. Been told to put digi card in to record missing milage.

After six hours with about 3.5 hours driving I remove card then have break of 30 minutes.

I take it I need do a manual entry next day? Or just fill in my time sheet and keep copy re VOSA?

As has been said you can put the tachograph on out of scope whilst shunting.

If you’re not doing any driving on the road this week you don’t need to bother with manual entries, however if for any reason you want to do a manual entry to cover the rest of the shift put it in as other work not driving, shunting is other work as long as you don’t go on public roads.

But like I said, if you’re not going to do any driving on public roads before Monday you don’t really need to record anything as you don’t come under drivers regulations.

tachograph:

andy187:

If you’re not doing any driving on the road this week you don’t need to bother with manual entries, however if for any reason you want to do a manual entry to cover the rest of the shift put it in as other work not driving, shunting is other work as long as you don’t go on public roads.

But like I said, if you’re not going to do any driving on public roads before Monday you don’t really need to record anything as you don’t come under drivers regulations.

Er pray tell… The OP don’t need to record ANYTHING NOTHING AT ALL
Don’t think so as the OP has worked and as such is required to record all work just to satisfy all work poa rest etc or we’d all be doing 5days on the road and 2 days shunting

Ta.
Well Today for a change shunting 10 till 6 with road unit then run down road. Only 20 minutes each way.
Work want card in to record any milage whilst shunting.

nick2008:

tachograph:

andy187:

Don’t think so as the OP has worked and as such is required to record all work just to satisfy all work poa rest etc or we’d all be doing 5days on the road and 2 days shunting

If the OP does no driving on public roads all week there is no need to record anything other than what his employer wants him to record.

tachograph:

nick2008:

tachograph:

andy187:

If the OP does no driving on public roads all week there is no need to record anything other than what his employer wants him to record.

How about recording somehow somewhere for WTD and to prove the right amount of hrs off per week ? Just asking as I have no clue…and wages dept need to know possibly

. Lets all have a return to LOG books and forget this electronic crap ! Hahaha

andy187:
Ta.
Well Today for a change shunting 10 till 6 with road unit then run down road. Only 20 minutes each way.
Work want card in to record any milage whilst shunting.

Records for all the days driving needs recording