shunters

hi guys going for a asesment at stobarts in morning just for shunting in yard. im just after a little knowledge on how these shunting vehicles work i think its turberg or summet like that any info wud b appreciated

Easy peazy.
D Drive
N Neutral
R Reverse.
And a little toggle switch to raise/lower the fifth wheel.

After driving one of these you will never want to shunt in a tractor unit again.

Tonyb

wat bout realeasing it do u have to get out of cab to realease pin or is there a button?

dont they train you, we had some regular agency staff whod been doing the job for 2 years + , when they went on the books they had to go to crick to be shown how to do it the stobart way , so even if you new what you were doing and had been doing it a few years id still think theyd send you to crick for training

Tugs…

Easy to drive, auto boxes…

Lever to raise and lower fifth wheel plus a button for dumping the air out of the rear suspension, push button to release coupling, you only have to get out of the seat to attach/detach airlines, and you dont get off the truck to do that as they have a half cab…

Just stick to Stobarts rules and Regs and you will enjoy it…

Theres a button to release pin also remember to stop before selecting d or r

yeh im supposed to be getting some training tomorrow i just wanted a bit of a heads up before i went its always nice to know a little whe n you turn up for stuff uv never dun before.and its in sherburn mate so dunt think theyl b sending me to crick i hope not anyway unless there paying for fuel

nice one fellas sounds like its easy enuff to do thanks for the heads up il let u no how i get on

whats the pay like?

its a 100 quid a shift 4 on 3 off 12 hours a day so 400 pound a week minus your deductions if my maths is right take home 299 n summet pence