Shred IT / Gist Barnsley - Any Info?

Hi Guys i;ve just been laid off from Tata Steel Stocksbridge , Nr Sheffield so looking at getting back into driving Class C at moment, ive seen a job advertised for Shred It in Castleford and wondered if anyone had worked for them or had any info in similiar set ups to them, also had a call from an Agency offering me work at Gist Barnsley on the Marks & Spencers contract on days, or Starbucks coffee shops on Nights - again are they a decent set up etc ? don’t really want regular nights and i’ve also never done shop work ie cages etc too. Thanks if you have any positive input!

Have also been looking at Airport Class C jobs on the airside runways loading the catering supplies etc on to flights - anyone any experience of this before ? pros/cons of it etc …cheers!

a driver who used to work at our place did a stint on agency at Gist around xmas time and said never again! if its multi drop you tip your 1st drop and have to put empty cages back on so when you get to the next one they all have to come off to get the load off and so on then when you get back you have to unload the empties yourself think he had 2 runs a shift if he didn’t have a multi drop run.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
a driver who used to work at our place did a stint on agency at Gist around xmas time and said never again! if its multi drop you tip your 1st drop and have to put empty cages back on so when you get to the next one they all have to come off to get the load off and so on then when you get back you have to unload the empties yourself think he had 2 runs a shift if he didn’t have a multi drop run.

So at each drop you do, you move the cages around, and have the next full cages ready to go for the next drop not rocket science really :unamused:

Costa coffee multidrop is advertised regularly at Cass.,some awkward drops on very busy inner city shopping precincts,lots of handball, i think it is rotating shifts, days nights and weekends.

Shred - it same as above advertise regularly, shredding documents from town centre council offices among others, no where to park except double yellow lines, or walk 100yds carrying sacks of waste paper weighing 25 kgs each.

Alpha Flight services, i attended the interview and driving assessment its 10% driving 90% handball putting the catering bars and drinks bars on the truck, drive out airside, raise the body platform onto aircraft door, wheel on new bars, remove used bars full of rubbish and the like, drive back to warehouse and reload the truck for the next flight, can be stressful if lots of flights land at once due to various delays, lots of counting and checking orders against manifests, so good literacy and numeracy a must, some blokes at Leeds Bradford airport loved it and did it for years, not for me however. Good luck.

Cheers for that so far lads. Just one question regarding cages , whats the max weight of one loaded ? or typical weight should i say!

Pm sent

GK Agency are always advertising for Class 2 multi-drop Drivers in
Barnsley but no idea what the work is.

Phone 01977 600930.

Dieseldoforme:
GK Agency are always advertising for Class 2 multi-drop Drivers in
Barnsley but no idea what the work is.

Phone 01977 600930.

Cheers Pal, im just awaiting my C+E training at minute so its awkward looking i;m hoping to start it next week!

I’d steer clear of the Starbucks multi drop, I did it for a couple of nights around Leeds last year when I first passed my cat c, I would honestly say that it has put me off multifarious work all together, good luck in the job hunt tho.

tobytyke:
Cheers Pal, i’m just awaiting my C+E training at minute so its awkward
looking i’m hoping to start it next week!

That shouldn’t take long - training Mon-Thurs, test on Friday.

Many use L & T > > > > C L I C K - H E R E

It’s usually difficult to get C+E work for a newly qualified C+E Drivers.
They often want 2 years experience “for insurance purposes.”

If you get a chance to take a crap C+E job, take a crap C+E job.
Trust me - you’ll need that experience to open C+E doors in the future.

Yep im on day 3 today , test on Friday. Things going OK but i do think its a big ask for it to all click into place on that given hour of the day. :stuck_out_tongue:

roadrunner:
Costa coffee multidrop is advertised regularly at Cass.,some awkward drops on very busy inner city shopping precincts,lots of handball, i think it is rotating shifts, days nights and weekends.

We did the Costa out of my old workplace, No Thanks.
City centre delivery 2am in the morning, the bits of greif from 1 or 2 rowdy drunks ruins it, K+N want success rate on their drops, not failures or lates, 1 lad got a disciplinary for locking himself in a shop because some drunk was after a fight with him, absolute joke.

Who are you learning with.

greggy:
Who are you learning with.

Tal Training Sheffield!

I used to drive for K+N B&Q contract, when that moved to Doncaster i had an interview at K+N Costa at Cass - proper stitched me up did the transport guy / basically he told HR that i had slagged off the company etc, when in reality he asked me the negatives and positives of my current job, to which i told the truth! :stuck_out_tongue: