shows

chaps

what are the rules for driving tractor units to shows? ie/ I’m away and commited to the unit going to a local show…does whoever takes it need a class 1■■?

cheers

Mads

Yes but if tractor unit has no 5th wheel then no a normal licence (car) is ok if licence was passed before entitlement for 7.5t was abolished .think that’s correct but stand to be corrected

unhelpful comment removed- if you cant play nice don’t play at all :wink:

If it’s going without a trailer, then they only need a class 2 (C Entitlement) License.

Now sits back and awaits the influx of differing opinions…

nedbro:
Yes but if tractor unit has no 5th wheel then no a normal licence (car) is ok if licence was passed before entitlement for 7.5t was abolished .think that’s correct but stand to be corrected

Complete crap.

glad I asked… :laughing: didnt see the end from Derby and his words of wisdom before he got deleted…do tell…

As I understand it, and it makes sense to me at least.

A Class one License is entitlement to C+E, aka Wagon plus Trailer.
Class two is entitlement to C - Just wagon.

A tractor unit with no trailer, is just a wagon, aka just a class C, it’s not C+E until you put a trailer on the back.

And the 5th wheel doesn’t have to be touched. If you don’t have a trailer license you can still drive a car with a towbar fitted.

madders:
chaps

what are the rules for driving tractor units to shows? ie/ I’m away and commited to the unit going to a local show…does whoever takes it need a class 1■■?

cheers

Mads

No. Unit only = class C licence (or C+E, obviously). That is all you need to know.

cool… thanks boys… the Hade Edge Committee will have somebody qualified to collect it I’m sure…

cheers

Mads