showers

Reyt. as you may or may not have gathered. im new to going down the road. so i have a question about the above…

Is there anywhere you guys know of that offer cold showers? I only shower in cold water and have done for years. all year round. I know its odd but ive found it more comfortable and offers benifits such as i dont feel the cold as normal people do… example: im quite comfortable working in winter in a vest and shorts. and also its cheaper on the heating bills. but all this is by the by.

i ask because ive just had one of the worst showers of my life. i couldnt even touch the water let alone stand under it. there were warning signs about hot water and for good measure. i ended up having a stand up wash with the aid of a sink i could barely get my hands in.

big do’s and little do’s:
Cold washy water…where at?

cheers guys

Depends what kind of shower you get, if it’s just a button push then hope someone has already used all the hot water, if they give you temperature controls then you’re set. Probably more likely to find that in a truckstop, the hollies and Chippenham are two I can think of off hand that do.

Theres one in Caen thats so hot it burns, i have complained so many times, that its almost scalding hot…tell you what…you dont stay in their long…but of no use to you as you like cold water, never heard of that in my life, except on the beach in the middle of summer.

If you contact " Dipper- Dave " he should be able to help you. He seems to be the type of chap who would often need a cold shower :wink:
Regards. John.

haha cheers guys. im guessing its gonna be a trial and errorr jobby as most people wouldnt bother seeing if there was a cold option.

Stobbies Rugby.

Ehh Rugby, Orwell (I think), Lincoln farm also has adjustables. Off the top of me head.

I love the ones with the removable head for getting in your harder to reach places, absolutely golden and delicious.

Hope this isn’t to much information but I have been a very naughty boy in most showers in the UK.

I was passing through wetherby services about a year or so ago, and popped in for a quick shower early morning, went to shop and asked for key, they said there was no hot water but I was more than welcome to use it, oh, and also pay £3 for the privilege!
Quickest shower I’ve ever had, and last time I ever stopped there!

Chesterfield truck stop has temp control showers. And I happen to know they are ■■■■■■■ cold, after catching the control with my elbow last week!

On the garage forecourt next to the air! :open_mouth:

Can’t help with a relevant answer, but if you are new to the game then I would advise you wear a pair of flip flops in the shower and changing room to avoid catching verrucas.

I’m amazed at the amount of bloke I see without flip flops in showers.
The stockyard has adjustable temps, and off the top of my head south mimms in the services not truck stop side, Northampton north are both cold to Luke warm. There’s a few more but can’t remember off the top of my head. I usually try to avoid them to be honest. Rather pay as I pass a truck stop during the day then use the services.

cheers everyone. youre all good people.

excluding dipper obviously. but something tells me that hes ok with it

chainmailguy:
cheers everyone. youre all good people.

excluding dipper obviously. but something tells me that hes ok with it

find an MSA! :grimacing: roll around the cold damp wet patches called puddles of pish. :laughing:

cav551:
Can’t help with a relevant answer, but if you are new to the game then I would advise you wear a pair of flip flops in the shower and changing room to avoid catching verrucas.

+1

Ken.

cav551:

Not forgetting avoiding cheese and arse scrapings ect…

cav551:

Don’t need flip flops - I’ve already got verrucas!