Show off your Motor

I dont think I’ll own a classic car again.
They dont make good commuters :stuck_out_tongue:
Especially in winter when it is a roll of a dice if it starts.

bigstraight6:
[attachment=0]1AC79344-08AD-4602-A7A2-4000ABFD838A.jpeg[/attachment]

I’ve owned this MK3 Zodiac for 18 years now, I had one as a first car back in 1985 and this will be the last car I own!

Nice one :sunglasses: Those Mk3 Zodiacs are a beautiful car. We stopped using the Rover as the seating position in them is very low down & my missus was struggling to get in & out of it so getting the MG crossover with a higher driving position was one of the main reasons for that. Our daughter used the Rover for a while but she said it was costing her too much to run it daily so it got SORN’d

My Mighty Hog parked outside the UK’s longest-surviving Wimpy Bar. It’s a 1978 Honda NC50 Express, it’s MOT exempt and the road tax is free as its taxation class is now Historic Vehicle. It has a top speed of 110mph (I may have made that bit up). It lives on the boat with me when I go out cruising in the Summer and it’s perfect for the beer run etc.

ahh H, a ride out to milford common… i know its been there since the 60’s as i went as a kid…

m.a.n rules:
ahh H, a ride out to milford common… i know its been there since the 60’s as i went as a kid…

It wasn’t the first Wimpy Bar in the UK (which was in Coventry Street, London) but according to my Pearson’s Canal Companion guide book it is the oldest surviving one. The Staffs and Worcs canal runs quite close to it so I normally visit when I’m passing.

according to their website been there since 1954, thats some going in this day… :sunglasses:

Oh I forgot to mention that like another couple of posters I have a Rover 75 too. It’s not as exciting as the 2.5 litre V6, it’s a 2.0 litre oil burner, this is my daily driver. They are getting a bit rare now, the Rover 75 but I’m going to try to keep it running as long as I can.

In front is my Honda CBF125 which is a bit of a toy really, I only bought it three months ago and it won’t even be road legal until January 2022, It’s just for riding round the lanes in the Summer. I was thinking of doing my full bike test and getting a big bike but then I think why bother, the Honda does 60mph and that’s all I need to do.

I regret not doing my bike test back in the day, when you could take it on a Honda C50 in the morning and be out on a 1200cc bike in the afternoon.

lancpudn:
I went to the dark side & got a MG ZS EV, Very nice silent driving car & the one pedal driving is a blast :sunglasses: I still have my old 2.5 V6 Rover 75, Beautiful car but sadly gets no use these days :frowning:

What’s the MG like to drive and how spacious is the boot ?
I’m looking in to chopping in the Ceed mid next year but KIA don’t do a electric estate

Harry Monk:
I regret not doing my bike test back in the day, when you could take it on a Honda C50 in the morning and be out on a 1200cc bike in the afternoon.

…And get a lift to hospital in an ambulance, as a few of my mates did, back in the day. “Fifty mile an hour brain on a hundred mile an hour bike”, as my dad used to say.
I started off biking with a Francis Barnett Falcon (Villiers 197cc), ex- army WW2 Matchless 500 (just for the fields), then a Montesa Cota 247 trials, 1977 Yamaha DTMX 250 Enduro (only new bike I ever bought, and one of the first two privately imported into Britain prior to their official launch in 1978), then they brought the limit down to 125cc for learners. I’d lost a couple of mates to big bikes already, so the next was a Honda TL125 trials, then a Yamaha XT 125, then a tuned Kawasaki KMX125 which went like smelly brown stuff off a digging implement, and later got nicked. Now I’ve got a 1970 Honda ST50, loads of fun, and used to go with me in the back of my Chevy dayvan. That old beauty has been since been replaced by a Dodge dayvan, which turned out to be slightly smaller, and the bike doesn’t fit unless I take out the seats, which kind of defeats the object.

DSCN2126.JPG

blue estate:

lancpudn:
I went to the dark side & got a MG ZS EV, Very nice silent driving car & the one pedal driving is a blast :sunglasses: I still have my old 2.5 V6 Rover 75, Beautiful car but sadly gets no use these days :frowning:

I’m looking in to chopping in the Ceed mid next year but KIA don’t do a electric estate

The ZS EV is a really nice car to drive, Very quiet & effortless to drive, The boot space is quite big with 470 litres 1100 litres with the back seats down. MG have a electric estate called the MG 5, From reading the MG forum they’re very well liked & a much better range than the ZS EV too. mg.co.uk/new-cars/mg5-ev

fodenway:

Harry Monk:

…And get a lift to hospital in an ambulance, as a few of my mates did, back in the day. “Fifty mile an hour brain on a hundred mile an hour bike”, as my dad used to say.

The first thing my Dad ever drove was a Diamond T tank transporter and his first bike was an Ariel Square 4 and his first car was a Morris 10/4 which he ‘modified’ with an Oxford Twenty 6 cylinder motor.
He wanted a Vincent Black Shadow but couldn’t afford it but his mate had one and did eventually crash it leaving him with a badly damaged arm but he got it fixed and got back on it again.No messing about on the North Circ for them it was who was quickest between the cafes in Kingston and Brighton.

lancpudn:

blue estate:

lancpudn:

The ZS EV is a really nice car to drive, Very quiet & effortless to drive, The boot space is quite big with 470 litres 1100 litres with the back seats down. MG have a electric estate called the MG 5, From reading the MG forum they’re very well liked & a much better range than the ZS EV too. mg.co.uk/new-cars/mg5-ev

I looked at that on their web site it looks quite nice
I do like my CeeD as its a nice drive , but it’s got low miles on it and while the market is still good I’m toying with swapping it out before petrol cars start losing value
I’ve got a MG dealer in Portsmouth about 10miles away so may have a onset after Christmas

Harry Monk:
Oh I forgot to mention that like another couple of posters I have a Rover 75 too. It’s not as exciting as the 2.5 litre V6, it’s a 2.0 litre oil burner, this is my daily driver. They are getting a bit rare now, the Rover 75 but I’m going to try to keep it running as long as I can.

In front is my Honda CBF125 which is a bit of a toy really, I only bought it three months ago and it won’t even be road legal until January 2022, It’s just for riding round the lanes in the Summer. I was thinking of doing my full bike test and getting a big bike but then I think why bother, the Honda does 60mph and that’s all I need to do.

CBF 125 is a fantastic 125. Does like 100+mpg and is extremely reliable and one of the faster 125s.
As for taking your full bike test. I would recommend doing so. Mainly because I found it quite fun and enjoyable. Also I suspect you have not had a driving test in a few decades so might be a bit of novel experience for you :stuck_out_tongue:.
As for getting a bigger bike. It’s mainly for the Acceleration. A £1000 600cc bike can go from 0-60 then most cars on the road. The CBF is plenty fast but over 55+ you do kind of have to tuck in with head down to reach its top speed.
Love the NC50 btw. I really want one lol.

Star down under.:

What engine and box in the Disco?
I had an older Disco with the 300 TDi and manual. Quite liked it.
Considered a DeepEnder with the Td5 in but the driving position in those is horrific.

Franglais:

Star down under.:

Considered a DeepEnder with the Td5 in but the driving position in those is horrific.

It’s a Td5, automatic. One of only ten in this country. As an HSE the diesel was not available, only the 4.0 litre V8. Mine was in a batch of excess UK stock, sent here after the D3 was released. It’s a 2003 build, complianced here in mid 2004 and first registered in 2005.
I previously had an automatic, V8 D1, I had more confidence in that than the D2, but can’t really fault the D2a.

That goldwing is just way too big lol.
Also what is with the enclosure for the front brakes? Seems it has an air intake / expell enclosure. Why not just let the air cool down the brakes naturally :stuck_out_tongue:.

It is a cool looking bike. Def would not like to try and pick it up if I ever dropped it though.

Franglais:

Star down under.:

Converting a diesel to LS seems to make more sense than starting with an expensive Rover V8.
youtube.com/watch?v=zKP_vroDkcw

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Star down under.:

Converting a diesel to LS seems to make more sense than starting with an expensive Rover V8.

Big petrol V8 is nice…but…
Keeping LR transmission? I haven’t looked up the figures, but having to use a light right foot defeats the idea of having more grunt available in the engine if you can’t use it?
For practical overlanding? Diesel over petrol IMHO.
Waterproofing, mpg (how bigs your fuel tanks?) torque on the tough stuff more important than top end power.
And of course spare parts. Will you get bits for your USA V8? Not as easy as bits for a Landy, Cruiser, or other Japanese 4x4 in many countries.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Star down under.:

Big petrol V8 is nice…but…
Keeping LR transmission? I haven’t looked up the figures, but having to use a light right foot defeats the idea of having more grunt available in the engine if you can’t use it?
For practical overlanding? Diesel over petrol IMHO.
Waterproofing, mpg (how bigs your fuel tanks?) torque on the tough stuff more important than top end power.
And of course spare parts. Will you get bits for your USA V8? Not as easy as bits for a Landy, Cruiser, or other Japanese 4x4 in many countries.

Ironically I’ve imported plenty of parts for the Jag from US including a light aluminium flywheel with a steel inset and clutch assembly to match a Getrag and if I keep it on the road the next move will be to ditch the Getrag manual box for a better US Tremech or Borg Warner T5 which will also need a new bell housing and clutch assembly.
LS engines and parts availability are second to none it’s just the cost of shipping and taxes which are the only downside.
The idea of the LS is that it provides even more reliable and less stressed equivalent power as the Rover V8.For less cost and far better availability than the Rover motor.While still maintaining good old fashioned pushrod simplicity.