Shoulder and arm tendons

Years of roping and sheeting, handballing, and gear changes in the old days, then more recently pulling on trailer curtains, steering koois, hours of driving and the job in general has taken it’s toll on my arms. :cry:
(I’m not a well man. :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: )

Had a scan 18 months ago, was told it was just general wear and tear on my arm tendons, and lately the condition has got worse, much worse,.and I’ve been getting periodical injections.
I wake up every morning now with arm pains, made worse by me sleeping on my sides, can’t sleep any other way.

Pain twinges all day, to the point that it looks like I suffer from Tourettes as I shout expletives randomly after each twinge. :laughing:
Even starting now to reverse like an amateur, as I can’t get lock off fast enough,… even though in reality I can park a trailer anywhere usually. :blush:

Was originally told the cure was total rest :unamused: , but no chance of that I’m afraid.
So…to all you keep fit/gym guys, what is the best excercise for it ?
Is it stretching excercise on the tendons, weights, resistance bands arm swings or what or will one or all of them just make it worse and irritate it more?
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers.

If the condition is getting worse, have you told your medics that?
Could it be a second, different, problem in the same area?
Gentle exercise may be good, but vigorous exercise may not be better. If you ask keep fit enthusiasts they will probably only recommend more exercise, when that may not be the best thing for you.

nhs.uk/conditions/shoulder-pain/
“do not make up your own strenuous exercises or use heavy gym equipment”

Genuinely, rest and or a combination or medicals is really all you can do, and or avoid the work that’s ruining you, get them slippers out [emoji106][emoji38]

Having ripped/cut tendons, ruined ligs, burst Alot of cartlidges and snapped a cruschious to the point it actually showed up on an xray, along with the main one in my arm(jet black, thick as a biro pen!!) much to a 35yr veteran nurses surprise, and most of the doctors on duty too lol!!
I will confirm your only real hope is a change of pace, an gentle exercise to keep it all ticking an build back some ability, lesson the daily battles.

I do lift iron, not as much so now thanks to life but really there ain’t much you can do bloke, stretching will help to get blood too flow, and aid in fibres wanting to reheal, but if they are torn your only hope is rest.

Antiflammys can only go so far, avoid TRAMADOL at all cost even though its the shizzle lol, but drinking plenty of clear water will help keep inflammation low due to hydration of the aforementioneds, and will aid in keeping them better lubed and less prone to drying out.

Also good clean food proteins will help before any labour commence, keep them fed they will repair far better and stay in better shape…and once you’ve done the graft try an eat a small pack of say fridge raider chicken, just to give em a bit of help.

They won’t ever be spot on sadly as the damage is fairly well done, but you can definitely lesson the affects for hopefully an easier time.

If your suffering say rotator cuff problems then it’s a case of maybe trying to adjust the position of the joint when being used, so pulling curtains as an example try pulling from a lower reach, arms in front(like doing a seated pull, just don’t stretch out the arm too far, keep em close too chest, elbows in at the sides…) not up over shoulder height, body close, not leaning back an pulling on the joint.

Link below has Alot on the bio mechanicals of how joints/muscles work an Alot on how to fix/adjust to help injury.

Have a look at this guy…
youtu.be/kL3cIDFUafU

He has Alot of useful stuff [emoji106]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

If gear changes were an issue then just the Merc 2534 box alone would have been enough to do it.The rest were less effort than helping with the washing up at home. :open_mouth: :laughing:

While handball will help to wreck your back before it wrecks your arms.Tell me about it.

My theory would be it started long before that assuming you went along with all the Physical exercise obviously future army career cannon fodder training bs like endless press ups and wall bar and rope exercises prevalent in our school days assuming you’re one of the early 70’s intake.( Thanks Mum for all those sick notes getting me out of it in the day and the time spent in the school library instead reading often surprisingly interesting stuff ). :smiley:

Other than my back as stated my hands are my worst and most painful problem although not as bad as my late Dad’s were requiring tendon surgery in his case.Probably the result of just a few years, in my case let alone his, spent handling tools from sheet metal shiers to lathe chuck keys and hack saws,files and scrapers.In addition to working on cars in my spare time for fun, unlike in his case also to make a living.My thumb joints are now an agonising crunching mess.

While driving trucks was actually more like easy physical therapy by comparison.

You can’t help it mate, no disrespect or jesting its just a sign you’re getting older and unlike many have worked your way through and are now paying the price, just like genuine working people have done throughout the centuries.

I’m the same as you have to sleep on my sides but the arms and shoulders suffer so rough nights regularly, still got the ridge of hard skin down the outside of my index finger from roping and sheeting decades ago, plus the knees ache like buggery from years of scrabbling around loading and strapping up bloody cars, be needing a new knee or two in due course i reckon and then there’s the clicking from me left hip :unamused:
It would be a shorter list of what doesn’t hurt :cry:

Try and find you way onto the tanks mate if you want to stay on the lorries is my suggestion, no way could i have carried on doing the cars the last ten years.

Thanks for the feedback chaps, managed to get an appointment next Monday for more injections, so will discuss where I go from there with the Doc.

Getting older will do that to you, as said wear and tear
Some things you just have to accept, the body don’t recover as good or as quick as the younger days, it happens to most of us i think, if not one thing it’s something else
All them tilts will have some effect down the Road

nowt you can do about wear n tear rob but I’ve used a chiropractor for the last 15 years on a monthly basis for structural maintenance (releases all the gases trapped in the joints) works wonders for me…give it a go mate…

m.a.n rules:
nowt you can do about wear n tear rob but I’ve used a chiropractor for the last 15 years on a monthly basis for structural maintenance (releases all the gases trapped in the joints) works wonders for me…give it a go mate…

Don’t think the Mrs would appreciate me releasing even MORE gases mate. :laughing: :laughing:
Thanks I’ll look into it and have a word with the Doc on Monday. :wink:

I think that you should just man up! :smiley:

the maoster:
I think that you should just man up! :smiley:

You still doing part time for The Samaritans mate?
:laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Beaver reckons that this whole thread is just so you have a legitimate reason not to put your hands in your pocket on account of the physical pain it would cause you!

I’m only the messenger :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Beaver reckons that this whole thread is just so you have a legitimate reason not to put your hands in your pocket on account of the physical pain it would cause you!

I’m only the messenger :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good job I didn’t come on looking for sympathy eh? :unamused:
:smiley:
Even the Mrs said it’s all down to me walking like John Wayne all me life. :unamused: :laughing:
I really Need to start mincing to get a bit of relief. :laughing:
youtu.be/BjRSbswVk9g

You’ll be spilling the beans about your real name soon?
Marion?

Franglais:
You’ll be spilling the beans about your real name soon?
Marion?

Only at weekends in the bars. :laughing: