Should we have an automatic Censor?

GOTCH YA :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There is an automatic censor on here… and, Unlike the old forums this censor can allow Scunthorpe and scrap while disallowing more offensive words…

Automaticaly censored words are also replaced with the infamous [zb] :laughing:

Don’t Feel Like a
PRIZE PRAT
or anything :blush: :blush: :blush: :unamused: :confused:I’ll bow out gracefully and say censor appears to be working well then.

Yup, I think that the automatic censor should be retained.

Despite the slip ups (like Scunthorpe) on the old system, there is plenty of evidence that most of us let a word slip through, now n then, which breaks the rules. Without the automatic censor, the mods would have to check every post as it comes in, before it could be displayed on the thread. As the mods are all working truckers (I think) and so away for most of the week, that would really make a mess of the site.

This site is open too young people, who may want to become truckers in the future :question: , but they or their parents, would not want to be bombarded with bad language on a web site. Therefore, the rules about bad language.

And the censor still ■■■■■■■ works :grimacing:

peter s:
And it still [zb] works :grimacing:

Just a friendly piece of advice, people who thread-necro for no genuine reason are generally viewed as trolls and very quickly find themselves on pre-mod.

Just saying, like.

What the hell is a thread-necro Harry?

Far more interesting if each different swear word has a random tucking related alternative so if some types f### it could come up as “turntable grease” or something random, turns some posts into a right laugh or is it just my sense of humor.

9 year old post resurrected WTF :unamused:

iangam:
Far more interesting if each different swear word has a random tucking related alternative so if some types f### it could come up as “turntable grease” or something random, turns some posts into a right laugh or is it just my sense of humor.

Agree.

First posted in 2003 eh…

the maoster:
What the hell is a thread-necro Harry?

He’s referring to people who resurrect ‘dead’ thread’s. No sense of humour at all :wink: just saying like.

Gives you all something to moan about. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

iangam:

another forum i use replaces sweary words with embarrasing phrases like “i love jedward” or whatever. it very quickly stopped most of the swearing on the forum :laughing:

out of curiosity, what does [zb] mean or stand for?

Nate:

Nothing. :wink: It was used by one of the original mods on here, Zzarbean, as a replacement for any swear words he
editied out of a post and it has been used eversince.

Colingl:

Nate:

Nothing. :wink: It was the initials of the original mod on here, Zzarbean, as a replacement for any swear words he
editied out of a post and it has been used ever since.

FTFY :stuck_out_tongue:

With the launch of the new forums, it transpires that the posts are manually edited by the moderators (I think). Now this would create a lot of work for a few people. In my view it’s not a problem having certain words like Scunthorpe and Newark (work it out) edited if it saves the moderators (who work hard enough already I’m sure) some grief. If your happy to do this, then fine; if not I thought it’d be nice to run a poll (if I can work the thing out) and see how opinion is devided on having the censor on or not as the case may be.