Should I?

Hi

I’ve just been made redundant from the print trade after 17 years and have been thinking about getting my Class 2 licence.
As it’s going to cost a bit I’m concerned that I won’t be able to find any work once I get it. All the job ads I’ve seen want experienced drivers. Are there any companies or agencies that are willing to give people a chance?

Hi mate,
I passed mine last week and live in Surrey, there is no shotage of jobs round this way. Alot depends where you live. MOst agencies I have phoned have said they will put me on 7.5t to start with which doesnt bother me aslong as I’m on the road and earning! Best of luck to you.

Been asking myself the same question, I am in Manchester area.

Let me know how you get on.

Just keep trying mate and you will get work I lve in Blackpool and am turning work down had 4 calls today all Agents offering work . :slight_smile: . the trouble is either they all ring on the same day or you sit by the phone and none ring :frowning: there is work in the north west though .

I’m 18 with no experience (or had no experience) and live in a very small down and about 30 miles from the nearest big city which is Glasgow. Don’t get me wrong it took me from December to middle of March to get something but if I can then anyone can… with a few white lies packed in along the way. :wink: