Should I?

Hello all I was just thinking do I have to declare to my main employer I’m doing agency work? It doesn’t interfere with drivers/working hours so I didn’t think I would need to. Now I’m thinking will they find out elsewhere? I might be over thinking this but thought I’d put it out there. Any information appreciated. :smiley:

Careful,some employers have issues with you working elsewhere

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I know that’s what I’m thinking but can they find out other than me telling them?

6 or so years ago i was driving for a crap company on ■■■■ money.the gaffer wanted me to work saturday mornings for next to nothing,so i worked for Argos saturdays for proper money.the gaffer never found out.

Godzilla41:
I know that’s what I’m thinking but can they find out other than me telling them?

Yes when you download your digi card they’ll see you’ve been driving other vehicles unless it’s unrelated to driving the work you’re doing .

Why not? Plenty of people work 2 jobs and like bald bloke said they will find out anyway when you download your digi card…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don’t use my digi card for my main job as I’m driving local on buses. No digi card required.

No you don’t unless it’s going to interfere with your contact with your main employer.

If you use digi card for both, and your main boss goes whats this every other saturday/sunday, just be straight with them your doing extra work. Can;t sack you for it unless your contact says not to work for other companies, and your not falling out of regs with rests and other bohoo.

Thanks for clearing that up. Appreciate it. I don’t use my card for my main job so no problem there. I’m now wondering if I should mention it as casual work when doing my family’s tax return as I’m not sure if it will alter the tax credits we get or if I could just class it as overtime?

Godzilla41:
Thanks for clearing that up. Appreciate it. I don’t use my card for my main job so no problem there. I’m now wondering if I should mention it as casual work when doing my family’s tax return as I’m not sure if it will alter the tax credits we get or if I could just class it as overtime?

From what I remember the tax credit people are only interested in the total net amount earned after deductions not how it was earned

ROG:

Godzilla41:

From what I remember the tax credit people are only interested in the total net amount earned after deductions not how it was earned[/quote

So with it being casual should be ok. Sooner I get into full time HGV work, the better. :slight_smile:

Godzilla41:

Earlier in the year before I moved down here permanently I got my new tax code. Because I was on the books of various agencies HMRC done an “estimate” on my income…that estimate ran into hundreds of thousands of £ I was getting as an income, dunno how they figured I could be in 5 or 6 different places at one time but if my employer at the time had received that tax code it might have raised a few questions…I had my own questions right enough…lol!
Companies can set their own rules in the t&c of contract of employment. My last employer said I couldn’t work more than 43 hours a week though I was contracted for 48 by them in the first place. There’s also the conflict of interest in some cases and also any manager can throw a spanner in the works by saying your second job is having an effect on your performance…all these are things that a lot of places don’t bother with but are also VERY real situations that can arise.

But also …I think it’s a joke that employers and anyone else should even think about penalising someone for WANTING to work and better their lives…just my gripe!!

I completely agree with you. Hopefully it won’t be like this for much longer. One job, one income. :smiley: