Should I get payed?

Signed up for a agency on Friday who told me they have a weeks work for me and could end up being full time of company wants turned up on time and got told they can’t let me drive because I haven’t held my license for 2 years so lost a weeks work plus they said they would get back to me trying to find something else but no luck and I know some people have said they have been told there’s been a mistake and sent to many drivers and still got payed just wondering I should for a day or not ?

Dooley333:
Signed up for a agency on Friday who told me they have a weeks work for me and could end up being full time of company wants turned up on time and got told they can’t let me drive because I haven’t held my license for 2 years so lost a weeks work plus they said they would get back to me trying to find something else but no luck

Hi Dooley333,

Many companies have the 2 year rule about newbies, so no surprise there I’m afraid.

Somebody clearly has some sort of a communication problem though because of the agency’s client and their 2 year rule.

Either the agency didn’t ask, or the client didn’t explain. One of those options has to be correct.

Quite often, an agency will pay one day’s pay if you turned up to a client on time and were ready to work but got cancelled by the client for whatever reason. So, maybe… maybe a day’s pay.

As for a week’s pay… err… hmm… Let’s just say I’d very much doubt it!!

Honest advice here mate, … just mention it in passing and maybe you cop a day’s pay, but I’d suggest that you don’t push it and turn it into a drama.

:bulb: Now you know what question to ask next time they try to book you to a client. :wink:

I wouldn’t expect a weeks pay but for getting there on time and being messed about saying they would find me something else rang a few times but they said there trying and will get back to me so gave it till half ten then went work with dad building so least I get half a day in if they say they not gonna pay

So much for the claimed driver shortage :unamused:

The 2 year thing has been standard practice for ever, and yes without a history of experience behind you, you are an unknown quantity, but honestly some that have many year’s under the belt look like total amateurs :wink:

Good Luck with finding something, try not to get to disheartened :wink:

Dooley333:
Signed up for a agency on Friday who told me they have a weeks work for me and could end up being full time of company wants turned up on time and got told they can’t let me drive because I haven’t held my license for 2 years so lost a weeks work plus they said they would get back to me trying to find something else but no luck and I know some people have said they have been told there’s been a mistake and sent to many drivers and still got payed just wondering I should for a day or not ?

Most would pay 8 hours at the agreed rate. Id phone them up and ask about it, however, like Diesel Dave said I would try to avoid making a scene about it. Don’t want to bite the hand that feeds you and all that, especially being a relative newbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does it say in your written contract with the agency :question:

If not got one then why not :question:

For future reference - always get everything in writing and if they refuse then go elsewhere

Sounds like the agency is at fault mate, and getting any money out of them seeing as your new on their books would be a surprise to me but no harm in asking. If it was the company who failed to tell the agency about the 2 year ruling they have, then the agency could charge them at least 4 hours for your pay. If I turn up somewhere for work (via the agency) and hang about a bit only to be told I’m not needed then I get 4 hours pay and sometimes a full days pay with some companies.

Maybe name and shame the agency if they mess you about / happens again…?

Is the agency SMART recruitment?

Did you have a start time somewhere around 6:30am?

It’s a small world!