Should I do it?

Good morning all, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Here’s the dilemma, I have an ok job in the logistics industry, fairly well paid and a comfortable desk to drive on a 9 to 5 basis, Monday to Friday.

I am seriously on the verge of turning my back on it all and going on the road.

Am I mad or genuinely just sick to the back teeth of the corporate [zb] that engulfs my working week?

Any opinions from you fine ladies and gentleman gratefully received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unless you have an undying addiction to sit in a truck cos your dad was a lorry driver then you will most likely work for a big company and itl be the same corporate [zb] from the other side of the window though from this side,you will then be treated as something you trod in.
get a job limping as you will be a new pass means the same if not worse as your only a cabbage in a hiviz bum on a seat.
get a job with a decent smaller outfit and you may get treated well.
theres many aspects of driving jobs but your most likely to just go into rdc,stobart type paid from the neck down dross which may or may not suit you.
by all means change jobs,but a uk drivers job nowadays is mostly well down the toilet.
try some agency van driving or something like that to see the attitude you get from goods in,then multiply that by 100 times worse,and thats not including the rules and regs you will now get crucified for by the self funding vostapo…dont do it rambo!!!

Thanks for the reply diesel. Not sure whether it’s a good or bad thing, but I’ve held my C+E for a while now, just very rarely use it. (Maybe once a quarter).

Was thinking about jumping onboard with an agency and seeing what comes my way.

try it on your days off before jacking your job in…and dont worry when the replies come in telling you that you would need to not work over your total hours declaring your office job…crack on and have a few weekend shifts or alternatively take a cpl weeks holidays,or go on the sick for 2 weeks assuming the agency willl allocate you work then decide from there.

Sound advice right there. Thanks buddy.