Should i change jobs?

hi all,
just a question and i know everyones circumstances are diferent but not sure what to do, i passed my lgv class 2 about a year and a half ago and have ben driving dustcarts since, same old round etc , its got its plus sides, plenty of overtime, some early finishes etc roughly earning about 350 basic a week BUT i really miss the open road, as ive done sprinter work etc before which was tough but i enjoyed it, but with my mortgage and other bills ect should i take the risk at the moment whilst the countrys in the state it is? i dont wanna walk out of a secure job into working for a haulier who goes bankrupt a week or month later.

At the end of the day it is your choice but atm I would stay where you are but keep looking & see how thing are in your area who is taking on how many transport comp have gone over the last year or so

You could make some enquires to some of the local firms etc

The dustcart drivers in my area work tue to fri inclusive which gives them sat, sun & mon off every week

Many of those drivers do at least one of their off days on agency distance work to keep from going mad

They have to be careful of which days the choose to do agency driving as they need to get a 45 in at least every other week for the EU regs

The driving done on the household wheely bin rounds is under domestic regs so only counts as other work for the EU regs so driving time is not a problem

Those doing agency work on a regular basis have to also watch the 144 hours (6 day) rule

many thanks for advice,