Should I buy a 2015 Iveco?

Conor:

robthedog:
you are joking, one of the most uncomfortable pieces of rubbish I’ve ever had the misfortune to drive as are all Renaults

You’ve not driven a 2015-2020 Merc Actros have you?

Obviously not…

Conor:

robthedog:
you are joking, one of the most uncomfortable pieces of rubbish I’ve ever had the misfortune to drive as are all Renaults

Funnily enough I have and yes they are bloody awful bone shakers, I wouldn’t ever drive one again but then I can afford to be choosy

Should you buy a 2015 IVECO?
Youve had some sensible answers...so.. [youtube.com/watch?v=PoZtYqi78Nw](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoZtYqi78Nw) If you cant stretch to the price of a second-hand chicken coop…it`s a good option.

Driven XF105’s Scania next gen 450’s,Merc’s,Ren’s and Man’s and volvo’s all doing the same job,weighing off at a tad under 44t and I’d take the Iveco every time,yeah you get amber lights for random crap but if if pulls away and changes down like it’s supposed to then you know it’s a sensor and you carry on,good cab with plenty of space and a fridge,comfy seats,if I was starting on my own I’d be looking for a Hi-way 480 between 2015-17…

blue estate:

Conor:

robthedog:

Don’t think he has ,
Been driving an 16plt Actros this week with knackered cab mounts :cry: My back is still sore as every big bump the cab came down with a heavy thump

One day bluey when you become the blue eyed boy you too might get such luxury

228E72FD-0FE1-48F7-890D-D964509AB436.jpeg

robthedog:

blue estate:

Conor:

robthedog:

Don’t think he has ,
Been driving an 16plt Actros this week with knackered cab mounts :cry: My back is still sore as every big bump the cab came down with a heavy thump

One day bluey when you become the blue eyed boy you too might get such luxury

Next weeks steed is a red 2018 TGXXL 500 and it’s like a comfy slipper compared to the Craptros

Conor:

robthedog:

I drove an 19 plate Actros for a week recently and it was more comfortable than the Scania I drive on the odd weekends…mind you my spine is that twisted up I’m probably in a minority :laughing:

We used to run Iveco recovery trucks 7.5t - 18.t and artics. They was hard wearing. If all that matters is a work horse then it’s a cheap option. Interior is poor very dated but I would class them as a budget tractor. MAN TGX? Worked for a national firm who ran them up to 3 years then replace. They was good kit. If you like big steering wheels :smiley: or just remortgage the house and get a S500 :stuck_out_tongue:

fatboystu1:

Conor:

robthedog:

I drove an 19 plate Actros for a week recently and it was more comfortable than the Scania I drive on the odd weekends…mind you my spine is that twisted up I’m probably in a minority :laughing:

Going to be controversial here but…

In terms of comfort I prefer my 21 plate Actros over my previous S500 :open_mouth:

In terms of ride comfort it’s a bit more shakey but not by not much, but in terms of bunk comfort I get a much better sleep I the Actros over the Scania but maybe that’s just me preferring harder mattresses.

I did say I was going to be controversial :laughing:

I had an Actros too before my Iveco. It was better in all aspects except for the blind spots from the mirrors. Much better seating comfort, space for living etc. Better build quality. A really decent international distance tractor. No mechanical problems or niggly electronic faults.
People complain about the suspension or cab mountings but mine was good. I’d be glad to have it back.

OwenMoney:
I had an Actros too before my Iveco. It was better in all aspects except for the blind spots from the mirrors. Much better seating comfort, space for living etc. Better build quality. A really decent international distance tractor. No mechanical problems or niggly electronic faults.
People complain about the suspension or cab mountings but mine was good. I’d be glad to have it back.

now you really are in the minority

OwenMoney:

Bro, the Actros is a very ■■■■■ truck. You can reverse it better than a DAF, but everything else is bad on it. I even hate the flat floor because you have to climb up so high. I’d rather have a DAF than a merc [emoji2958]