Short fuel pump pipes

Why so short in the UK.
The hoses in Europe are two truck widths long so you can fill either side of the tank without being sat in queue in the UK while pumps are always out of order and broken.

Does my head in, was the bain when I ran a Scania. :imp:

Cost and less chance of a tool running it over or worse driving a long way with it still in the tank neck :wink:

Park closer to the pump, never had a pump pipe that hasnt reached to the other side of the cab.

Anyone noticed the amount of car drivers that dont realise that a pump pipe will reach to the far side of a car so they all queue at a pump that is on the same side as their fuel filler cap :laughing:

Love it when you get covered in grease cos the pipe has been under the front of some ones trailer cos some folks can’t wait 5 mins, ■■■■■■ me right off that :unamused:

tango boy:
Love it when you get covered in grease cos the pipe has been under the front of some ones trailer cos some folks can’t wait 5 mins, ■■■■■■ me right off that :unamused:

Why do you rub the pipe over yourself? most drivers i know grab the nozzle with a pair of gloves on.
I manage to park my lorry just right so the pipe does not have to go under the trailer.

bubsy06:

tango boy:

Why do you rub the pipe over yourself? most drivers i know grab the nozzle with a pair of gloves on.
I manage to park my lorry just right so the pipe does not have to go under the trailer.

I put gloves on but don’t all ways think about wiping the pipe down shouldn’t have too really as they are designed to be used at the side the tank is on the truck. Once i got grease on my trousers not realising jumped back in truck and its everyware :open_mouth: Just saying :wink:

The standard of facilities provided at the pumps in the UK is well below what is provided in Europe yet it is the same companies running the service stations most European service areas also provide free air and water as well as brushes or squeegees in the winter for cleaning the windscreen and mirrors, another case of the UK having to put up with shoddy services

bubsy06:
Anyone noticed the amount of car drivers that dont realise that a pump pipe will reach to the far side of a car so they all queue at a pump that is on the same side as their fuel filler cap :laughing:

Yeah all the time. It means there is always an empty pump for me. Happy days.

When I drive a truck I just turn around. Simply. oh I drive a rigid haha!!!

Another reason why I won`t get my class one.

truckerjimbo:

bubsy06:

Yeah all the time. It means there is always an empty pump for me. Happy days.

When I drive a truck I just turn around. Simply. oh I drive a rigid haha!!!

Another reason why I won`t get my class one.

LOL :laughing:

bubsy06:
Park closer to the pump, never had a pump pipe that hasnt reached to the other side of the cab.

Reason I do it is I don’t want the hose on the paintwork of my car simple as that …What amazes me is those who do pull the hose over the hold it upside down so it constantly cuts off.Would be easier if they choose the pump with the nozzle on the same side as their filler neck…But I just laugh as I wait fill up pay and they are still there cursing

bubsy06:

You’ve never visited cairn lodge have you!

bubsy06:

same here…

norb:
Reason I do it is I don’t want the hose on the paintwork of my car simple as that …What amazes me is those who do pull the hose over the hold it upside down so it constantly cuts off.Would be easier if they choose the pump with the nozzle on the same side as their filler neck…But I just laugh as I wait fill up pay and they are still there cursing

Exactly this, no way I’m running it right across the paint ready to leave a big scratch on the car.

As Mazzer as said in Europe you get the pit stop treatment.
Most garages have attended service.Driver gets his tanks filled by garage staff while sat in the cab or grab a coffee.
They have long poles with a brush attached and running water through the brush to wash the insects off the screen in the summer and the salt grime in the winter.
You dont have to buy anything to wash the screen.Its free.
The Kontixa restaurant/fuel stop at Sunbila would give cash to the drivers on how much you put in the tank.
Euro pumps have high speed delivery.The UK is the same speed as a fly peeing.
I have seem attended service signs in some UK garages at certain times of the day.

dew:

norb:

Exactly this, no way I’m running it right across the paint ready to leave a big scratch on the car.

What the ■■■■ are you doing with the pump to scratch your car■■?

norb:

bubsy06:

I laugh at the people that wait fill up pay. I use the pay at pumps. 45 sec fill up and go.

dew:

norb:

God gave you 2 hands for a reason.
Hold the pipe away from your car with one hand and use the other to pull the trigger.
■■■■ waiting behind 5 sheep who aint got common sense.

Does it really upset people that I wish and choose to use the pump that is on the same side as my filler ,rather than wait for the idiot who drags the hose over their car then holds it upside down ,so he pump constantly cuts off( dragging hose over the paintworks scratches it ) If it annoys anyone that I prefer to wait then tough ,if it lets someone else through quicker then fair enough ,What is the rush …Those in a rush are the ones who generally cause accidents as they leave everything to the last minute,The people who cut across from the outside lane of the motorway straight on to the exit with no indication at the last minute as they won’t join the Q on inside lane .Which are the same people who drive up to the cones and barge their way in …Though I will admit I don’t let them in

Busby I have more common sense than you could ever have…Obviously being welsh you have a thing for sheep …which I am definitely not :smiley: :smiley: