Short French Update

i did read you can link your fuel card or credit card to the liber T box that thay are pushing at the major paeges is this not true

Napoleon still in exile.

Taken from a French website that informs the chauffeurs routier here on laws, legislation and other important information, regarding driving

A partir de quelle date sera-t-on assujettis à la TPL ?
Après une phase expérimentale en Alsace, qui débutera en avril 2013, la TPLN sera mise en place à partir de juillet 2013 sur l’ensemble du territoire métropolitain.

Des aménagements réglementaires pourraient donc intervenir au cours du second trimestre 2013, en fonction des résultats de l’expérimentation menée dans la région Alsace.

After a experimental period in Alsace that will begin in April 2013, the TPLN will be put into place from July 2013 on the whole of the French metropolitan area.

I can get more information from this site if required. Just ask

Where is the alsace region

jessicas dad:

Strasbourg down to Basel. Departments 67 & 68.

Commercial Motor website has an article on this ecotax.

Your right Kerbdog they did get there eventually unless of course I missed a previous article.Perhaps the journalist reads TNUK.

Got a feeling that the ferry service from Ramsgate-Ostend is going to get busy!
I wonder if that’s why they’ve just bought one of the old Pride’s of P&o?

I posted all this on the Euro Drivers Forum in late December.

jase:
Got a feeling that the ferry service from Ramsgate-Ostend is going to get busy!
I wonder if that’s why they’ve just bought one of the old Pride’s of P&o?

Why? If you are just going up the corridor, the extra cost and time that ferry takes, would far outweigh the cost of the ecotax for approx. 40 miles (less than £7).

GBPub:

jessicas dad:

Strasbourg down to Basel. Departments 67 & 68.

Oh right, one of my runs is swiss so il have to keep an eye on this. Thanks.