Shoreham

Hello All
Does anyone know if the lorry park on Albion street is still there or if not anywhere in and around Shoreham thats good to park up for the night, usually use the layby`s at the bottom of the A23 beside Brighton but traffic all night so not so good for shut eye. many thank Steve

yes it’s still there steve. not normally too busy

Cheers Mr Shifter, i`ll be down there 2mrro night and then again wed night, is the best way in on the A24
or come along from Brighton. Thanks again, Steve.

guess it depends where you’re coming from. if youre coming down a24 get on to a27 & follow to shoreham flyover. come off & head into shoreham then turn left & follow coast road. it will be on your left just past the traffic lights.

Just remember that the bridge at the bottom of kingston lane is only 12’ high. If you don’t know the area it looks like the obvious route but your best bet is to come along the old shoreham road to southern cross traffic lights and head south on trafalgar road /chuch road.

Also for reference the pilot pub just along the road is now shut but a little further east on the harbour side of the road the schooner used to do good food.

Cheers
Neilf

Or if you fancy a bit more choice for a night out there is parking for HGV’s on the seafront in Brighton right next to the pier, or further along by Hove Lagoon and there’s a few decent pubs around there.

Shoreham is good if you like a quiet night in though! :laughing:

mr shifter:
guess it depends where you’re coming from. if youre coming down a24 get on to a27 & follow to shoreham flyover. come off & head into shoreham then turn left & follow coast road. it will be on your left just past the traffic lights.

If its the same one i used yrs ago its not all that big is it?and soon gets full,im thinking of the one near the dock gates.
regards dave.

Hiya …in the 80’s i parked on a ramp by the side of the adour pub is that still their…
there was a cafe across the road two sisters and a brother in law ran the cafe…
really good old memories
John

pub’s still there as is the feedwell cafe opposite