shoes in cab

hi I was just wondering do any of you not wear shoes in your cabs. seen a few people take them off before they got into the lorry

I think you may find that the drivers you saw were taking off their safety boots and putting on some lighter/more comfortable stuff to actually drive in, rather than driving in bare feet (or just socks). I see it quite often.

no they took of there shoes and were just in socks

I drive in socks. Does this help you?

When I was tramping, Safety boots left on step, canvas slip-ons in cab.

When I learned to drive my instructor told me it was vitally important to wear workboots when driving because if you had an accident steel spikes would impale your feet. That was 30 odd years ago, I’ve had a few bumps since then but never seen sign of a steel spike, so I’ve figured that the law of averages is on my side, so it’s boots off and driving in socks for me now.

The Dutch and German drivers used to drive with wooden clogs covered in a choice of real Friesian or Hereford cow’s hair, I kid you not.
To complete the Euro trucker look, they had a six foot long metal chain with a few weeks running money inside, this was before fuel cards time.
The Dutch had huge coffee percolators in their windscreen.

I put on safety boots wherever the customer insists on safety boots, otherwise I drive in soft leather shoes, so I change shoes whenever I need to.

Maybe some people do prefer to drive wearing only socks, and if so what’s the problem?

I drive in socks only, can’t imagine 9 hours of sweating feet. So do almost all long haulers I know.

Personally, I cannot understand how anyone can drive in socks only, most uncomfortable and for me a slight feeling of not quite being in control. Boots all the way for me, but then I don’t suffer from sweaty feet.

Horses for courses I guess, I know some people wear shoes in their bedroom as well and haven’t had problems with control either, manage to hold onto the steeringwheel without gloves surprisingly well too :grimacing:

the maoster:
I drive in socks. Does this help you?

Me too…

I always take off my safety shoes and wear something else to drive in

I’ve always driven in my socks, do it in my car too if I’m going any distance.

Boots on the step and I drive in slippers. :slight_smile:

I like my woman to wear knee length black boots for bed :wink:

socks for going any distance uk,quite often slippers etc…bare feet for sunnier euro climes,and I wonder if anyone will admit to wearing flipflops? :open_mouth:

Is it allowed in UK to drive only with socks without shoes? In Germany it´s forbidden…you don´t have to wear safty shoes but closed shoes…

Silverwolve:
Is it allowed in UK to drive only with socks without shoes? In Germany it´s forbidden…you don´t have to wear safty shoes but closed shoes…

I think it is closed shoes or barefeet, no open heel clogs. At least no one has ever said nothing in any country when driving without shoes. You have better feel of pedals when driving without shoes, so safer and more fuel efficient.

Slippers for me