Shoddy stuff!

I’m sick of buying 24v kettles, and the end of the cigar lighter keeps melting. Anyone else have this problem? :angry:

Our vehicles have standard 3pin domestic switched sockets fitted. You fit a standard plug on kettle as they are far more sturdy than the plugs fitted originally.

This was done, I believe, after a fire caused by a kettle.

bigvern1:
I’m sick of buying 24v kettles, and the end of the cigar lighter keeps melting. Anyone else have this problem? :angry:

i can honestly say, i have never had this problem :smiley:

i use a gas burner and kettle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it also does not blow the fuse or melt the wiring either :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I too have reverted to this method. No more wasting dough! Local discount store sells 4 gas refills for £3.99!!! :wink:

I havent had this problem yet, only had the kettle for a couple of weeks, and generally only use it once a day, but the plugs doesn’t seem to even get warm.

change the plug for a hella then no more problem :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i to use gas just make sure you have a spare nothihg worse than running out half way through :imp:

A lot of ours have a 3 pin socket wired to the 24v. It is also handy for 24v ovens that a lot of our guy’s have

i take my cup and use the customers kettle, then i fill my flask with hot water for later. i find it much easier. :wink: :laughing:

i had this problem changed the plug to the ceramic, bakelite type no probs since :question:

I have had 3 of them kettles and all melted give up use gas now.