Shocked and impressed

I started a new job 4 weeks ago working for an owner driver doing multi drop everythings been going great he’s really easy going and good to get on with but today he just excelled himself even more

I got home from work and there was a christmas card for me off him and his family with a £100 cheque in it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :sunglasses: for my christmas bonus

to say im chuffed is an understatement :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

simon

And to say that you’ve got a good Boss there is also an understatement.
Make sure you keep a good hold on him.

Very good boss mate, don’t make a move. If you wait long enough one comes along :laughing:

It’s one of the joy’s of working for a small operator, it’s called being valued something that you rearly find in the bigger companies.

When a boss treats you like that,then it’s worth remembering to go that extra mile when he needs you to.

Seems to me like you have a boss that respects his staff,so return the favour,and I reckon you’ll be alright.

Ken.

Nice fella. I remember when my old boss bought all the staff (only 3 of us, but still) either a crate of beer or a bottle of spirit for xmas…I’d only been there a month as well. He was only the branch manager of a big firm as well…nice guy I really regretted eaving that job.

Sorry to be negative but just wait until you are 2 hours down the road out of time and he needs a favour from you :wink:.

My first proper boss was like that, we were treated as part of the family. If we were in the pub, he sent beer through to me and my friends. He became part of village life and was a mate as well as a decent boss.

Christmas time was always a party or a meal, with a few quid behind the bar and a weeks wages as bonus.

Its a pity he died at 48

Last Christmas I got a double bonus off the company - A £100 bonus in the wages and a 50p an hour pay rise. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The first time I’ve ever had a Christmas bonus in all the years I’ve been working. Still there now so we’ll see what this Cristmas brings. Mind you while I’ve been running the firm whilst the boss has been off I’ve had a £25 per day bonus and a guaranteed 12 hours per day. Just right this side of Christmas.

Calv