Shock News from Paccar

The Board of Paccar confirmed this morning that as of now all Daf trucks are to be rebadged as Leylands for sale in the UK.

The new range models will be designated as follows :-

LF - Becomes - Leyland Terrier

CF - Becomes - Leyland Beaver

XF - Becomes - Leyland Marathon.

There is also to be a special Middle East truck to be called Leyland Crusader which will feature the newly rebadged Perkins V8 - 18 litre, now to be known as Gardner XXLLRR8V. The name has been specially chosen to appeal to the Arab market.

end of press release

hhmmm interesting :open_mouth:

My mate told me that they will be launching the new Leyland Crusader series at Gaydon Truckfest this year. He recons the new middle east kitchen pack includes a dishwasher. :slight_smile:

what date is it again■■?

pete 359:
what date is it again■■?

Not sure Pete, Gaydon is usually in July I think. :wink:

Is it true that the puddle-jumping version of it will be called the Leyland Infidel and have a transverse 1100cc petrol engine and Hydrolastic suspension? Robert

Personally, I am a non believer that the Leyland Infidel will have elastic suspension, I think. :neutral_face:

mushroomman:
My mate told me that they will be launching the new Leyland Crusader series at Gaydon Truckfest this year. He recons the new middle east kitchen pack includes a dishwasher. :slight_smile:

I have just asked my mate who lives in Walton-le-Dale if he knows any more about the new Leyland Crusader dishwasher and he said as far as he knows you have to collect a voucher from Dover and pick her up on The Bucharest ring road. :unamused:

Oh ah. Ford have launched a new model. It’s called the don’tbeaprickit’saprilfoolsday