shit

■■■■

I wouldn’t mention it personally, but yes it was a very silly mistake, you know that so there’s no point in any of us sitting here telling you what an idiot you’ve been.

A very unfortunate event but this is why they want experience, and you can almost understand why now for sure. Just keep your head down and get on with things, write down a note of what you should do etc and make sure you follow it strictly because you really can’t afford to ■■■■ up again.

Sorry can’t offer advice on the blacklisting issue.

but to make you feel better about your mistake, a very experienced driver did the same thing where I used to work

So chin up, you’ll get lucky again soon hopefully

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

What’s happened?

great93:
What’s happened?

I’m guessing the OP realises he was a ■■■. (Though I don’t know what the subject was)

dar1976:

great93:
What’s happened?

I’m guessing the OP realises he was a ■■■. (Though I don’t know what the subject was)

If its the one i read earlier, he was working for an agency and had some really good days, then had a few bad days ending with when he dropped a trailer he forgot to uncouple the airlines before driving the unit away, subsiquently the suzies parted company with the tractor, with this the company refused to have him back, the agency has dumped him and he now has a bad name around his area and cant get any work.

Personally i think he’s being very hard on himself as mistakes happen and a couple of suzies and a bit of wiring isnt exactly gonna right off a truck, I’ve seen veterans with years under there belt do a lot worse than that.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

He passed Class 1, walked straight into a job with agency and when he was dropping the trailer forgot to disconnect the suzies and ripped them clear off the unit, so now he has a ‘reputation’ around the area for it and he has been blacklisted by the agency and they won’t give him a reference quite understandably.

bob96; if you’re still viewing this thread, we all make major ■■■■ ups in our life so as much as i feel for you, it’s time to pick yourself back up and get out there because you never spent all that money just to throw it away on a silly incident like that.

Madguy beat me to it, but again if it makes you feel better, we’ve heard of guys who have completely missed the pin and skelped the unit off the trailer writing the vehicle off. Also a story of a man who forgot to put the handbrake on in his unit and it started rolling and instead of pulling the air line and tried to jump back in the cab and subsequently got run over and passed away. You’ve been lucky and what you done is very minor compared to this. It could have been a lot worse.

As said. We all make mistakes. Some a lot bigger than that.

It’s a shame that the agency has dumped him on his arse but hopefully he will be able to pick himself up and find other work.

There are more non-agency jobs coming up now and maybe a chance will arise.

Apologies for my comment earlier.

Best of luck.

Watch Ice Road Truckers, there SUPOSED to be some very experienced drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Reveresing under trailers to low and puttin the pin over the fifth wheel at the same time as smashing the load into the back of the cab, ripping the axle off a trailer the putting the rest of the suspension through the floor while the driver following (Rick the P***k) stuffed the suspension through his as well, and the list just goes on and on.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

■■■■ the amount of times ive r :blush: ipped suzies off…oh my

hey this guy aint the only one had any issue when I first passed class 1 I nearly dropped a trailer ■■■■ happens mate it happens to the best of us dont worry about it I wouldnt offer that information up just find a new agency as the old agency is not allowed to pass that information around.
There are plenty of others out there if not do as a lot of drivers have done get out there with cv’s to local hauliers and approach then face to face enquiring about jobs.

Bob,if it’s as the others say I reckon you’ve been hard by fella and unlucky to be blacklisted.

I’ve ripped the lines out myself,the first time I was 14 or so,dropped the legs,pulled the pin,shame it was on a slope but it stopped when the lines wouldn’t reach any further…good job too as uncles range rover was behind.Man those lines will stretch! . My grandad came over,saw the blood under my thumb where I had caught it trying to push the handle back in and said that I wont do that again.

It’s a bugger but these experiences will make you a better driver than one who has yet to do it if you understand my meaning.

Oh and just the other night,a shunter dropped one of our trailers on it’s knees.