Shit Friday

What a ■■■■■ shift multdrop day yesterday - 2 hours late getting out the door at 915 waiting for the warehouse lack of staff - hit a31 traffic westbound, notice coned off lay-bys for parking (prevents legal breaks ffs stupid ) customers getting annoyed because their goods are wrong and not complete (I’m the driver ffs) - trying to deliver to a school and aggressive parents don’t want a lorry around them so get videoed on camera by them - some shouting and waving - another school get trapped in as fire alarm went off so delayed delivery - road works everywhere delaying the day - diversions causing delays - some rude customers - had 15 mins rest during day and half hour lunch at 1630 - get a call from the warehouse at 1800 seeing where I am and then in rush to get me gone as obviously closing - don’t think I will be doing that again p.s I wonder why we have a driver shortage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just another day at the office :smiley: :smiley:

I had a ■■■■ Thursday. But a really chilled and enjoyable Friday. Hope you have a better day today.

This reinforces…

My belief that drop work ■■■■■, I speak from experience and it should be paid waaaay more than it currently is.

Put it another way, the less I have to open my door during my working day and deal with people who have no interest whatsoever in helping me, the easier my day is.

yourhavingalarf:
This reinforces…

My belief that drop work ■■■■■, I speak from experience and it should be paid waaaay more than it currently is.

Put it another way, the less I have to open my door during my working day and deal with people who have no interest whatsoever in helping me, the easier my day is.

I can see that ■■■■■.
My own past multi work is different, and has involved lots of jobs where the client is pleased to see us, and is very friendly and helpful. But we do collections where the client is a small business exchanging their produce for cash, not an outpost of a bigger company where employees are taking in goods they have to deal with.
We get to leave them alone for an hour or two at lunchtime, but they may stay on late for us if we ask nicely.
Unfortunately the current extra paperwork means smaller jobs are now much rarer. £160 of documents might not be much on a full trailer but is a lot on one or two cartons!

Bit slow on the a1,from Ferrybridge to the m18.
Other than that,hunky dory.
Big breakfast at coneygarth,on the way up.

commonrail:
Bit slow on the a1,from Ferrybridge to the m18.
Other than that,hunky dory.
Big breakfast at coneygarth,on the way up.

Fried bread - black pudding and hash browns now ya talking [emoji108][emoji1787]

stu675:
I had a [zb] Thursday. But a really chilled and enjoyable Friday. Hope you have a better day today.

Cheers Stu, weekend off and a few beers [emoji482] needed ! Have a good one too [emoji106]

Bongobus11:
What a [zb] shift multdrop day yesterday - 2 hours late getting out the door at 915 waiting for the warehouse lack of staff - hit a31 traffic westbound, notice coned off lay-bys for parking (prevents legal breaks ffs stupid ) customers getting annoyed because their goods are wrong and not complete (I’m the driver ffs) - trying to deliver to a school and aggressive parents don’t want a lorry around them so get videoed on camera by them - some shouting and waving - another school get trapped in as fire alarm went off so delayed delivery - road works everywhere delaying the day - diversions causing delays - some rude customers - had 15 mins rest during day and half hour lunch at 1630 - get a call from the warehouse at 1800 seeing where I am and then in rush to get me gone as obviously closing - don’t think I will be doing that again p.s I wonder why we have a driver shortage

Oh dear. You need to adjust your mindset.

2 hours late because of warehouse staff shortage? Inform planner that the schedule is already out of the window, and final deliveries are coming back.
Customers complaining about goods? In one ear and out ghe other, and simply tell the customer so. Don’t like it, tough, Go fetch/deliver it yourself.
Did your arrival at the school coincide with the kids arriving at the school? Should have called office, and parked up out of the way, as not your fault, and to dangerous to try and maneuver around the chaos.
Rude customers? Walk away. Don’t accept it for starters. You are the driver, not their employee, and certainly not to be treated like ■■■■.
Warehouse/office planning for you to rush back? Tough, see comment at the start. Their fault you’re running late. You either get back with half your deliveries still on the back, or get back late. They can deal with that.

As for parents filming you and shouting, it sounds to me like you forced your way through to get your delivery done. Done mingle with the chaos outside the school… way to dangerous.

Multi-drop can be fiendish. And it’s never paid enough.

If I ever get stuck in traffic the boss says “You are a professional driver you should have found a different way”. What a prize numpty.

My Friday was great up at 5 had couple of cuppas , dropped my curtain side trailer and hitched up to a Skelly , went down the docks for a 8am VBs , stat in Rownhams for 15mins as I was early , booked it at pregate , sat in a queue at area 2 then sat in a slot for 40 mins
Empty box off and back to area 1 for full box , sat there for 30mins
Then box on and went back to yard and dropped skelly , then re hitched up to the curtain sided went to milbrook and tipped the trailer and then went to Romsey and loaded the trailer for Monday
Came out of Romsey and went to Rownhams again and filled the truck with fuel (13:00) so went back dropped trailer and then washed the truck and went home at 3pm :smiley: :grimacing:

blue estate:
My Friday was great up at 5 had couple of cuppas , dropped my curtain side trailer and hitched up to a Skelly , went down the docks for a 8am VBs , stat in Rownhams for 15mins as I was early , booked it at pregate , sat in a queue at area 2 then sat in a slot for 40 mins
Then box on and went back to yard and dropped skelly , then re hitched up to the curtain sided went to milbrook and tipped the trailer and then went to Romsey and loaded the trailer for Monday
Came out of Romsey and went to Rownhams again and filled the truck with fuel (13:00) so went back dropped trailer and then washed the truck and went home at 3pm :smiley: :grimacing:

A perfect day there matey [emoji106]

Bongobus11:

blue estate:
Then box on and went back to yard and dropped skelly , then re hitched up to the curtain sided :grimacing: went to milbrook and tipped the trailer and then went to Romsey and loaded the trailer for Monday

A perfect day there matey [emoji106]

Thanks yes and the trailer was 14ft2” so no driving all the way to Hursley to go to Great bridge , I could come up from the south

[/quote]
Thanks yes and the trailer was 14ft2” so no driving all the way to Hursley to go to Great bridge , I could come up from the south
[/quote]
Don’t spill the beans on how to get to Romsey ind estate bluey you’ll put Averys out of business

yourhavingalarf:
This reinforces…

I wouldn’t do it for £20 per hour let’s put it that way

robthedog:

[/quote]
Don’t spill the beans on how to get to Romsey ind estate bluey you’ll put Averys out of business
[/quote]
ROB , I know the height of the trailer I’m pulling and if it’s 14’ 3” or over it’s in from the top I go

My Friday umm
Consisted of tipping Livingstone 0630
Run back to Bristol empty comprising of a nice spot of lunch at Lancaster services ( one I prepared myself not one from the services ££££) then a 2nd 45 at Gloucester services zzzz. Not a bad day .
Couldn’t do the pallet network stuff , not for me thanks

Bongobus11:
What a [zb] shift multdrop day yesterday - 2 hours late getting out the door at 915 waiting for the warehouse lack of staff - hit a31 traffic westbound, notice coned off lay-bys for parking (prevents legal breaks ffs stupid ) customers getting annoyed because their goods are wrong and not complete (I’m the driver ffs) - trying to deliver to a school and aggressive parents don’t want a lorry around them so get videoed on camera by them - some shouting and waving - another school get trapped in as fire alarm went off so delayed delivery - road works everywhere delaying the day - diversions causing delays - some rude customers - had 15 mins rest during day and half hour lunch at 1630 - get a call from the warehouse at 1800 seeing where I am and then in rush to get me gone as obviously closing - don’t think I will be doing that again p.s I wonder why we have a driver shortage

Had this issue for along time ( I often wondered if I was the only one ) , seems not , my answer was to go mon- thurs , I still had late finishes but always got home ok , then mon -wed ( obviously always had a 15 so got home no problem
I don’t work at all now , so life seems very relaxing , other than when mrs is at work , got to make sure I’m awake & done her list of jobs when she gets home !! Or else !!

With multidrop you never rush. You just take your time and plod along. Never go full speed/rush as they will plan you for it :stuck_out_tongue:.

For example if you are capable of doing 12 deliveries a day and they are giving you 15 then do 10 lol.
They will soon learn how many you can do.
ps. there is a small chance they might get rid of you lol. But I’m pretty young and I’ve known multi drop drivers who have been in the game for decades who only do like 7-8 deliveries and then there was me a brand new driver with 13 deliveries and I’m thinking im all johnny big ■■■■ for rushing around like a numpty and showing up all the other drivers.
(This was about 4 years ago before I knew better lol and was just starting out).