SHIPPING WARS UK needs you!

We are looking for truck drivers to take part in series 2 of the hit Channel 4 programme (channel4.com/programmes/shipping-wars-uk).

Think you take on the big and bizarre loads?
Ready to show the others how it’s done?
Then email castinguk@megalomedia.com to get involved!

Is this ‘edge of the seat “will he do it?” ■■■■’ like Stobrats?

do you need a cpc to take part ?

no its worse.

its where people ‘bid’ to move things then normally manage to ■■■■ up the simplest of jobs.

has that chap from worlds toughest truckers on it ( another joke of a hgv ‘show’ ).

what it should say is would anyone like to volunteer to star in a tv programme where we follow you and your partner/son/daughter/hanger on around whilst you deliver anything and everything, if you could get lost/stuck or have a general misdemeanour on every load it will help.

am sure it has a father and son who done a job for free but because they had a farm and wanted the ‘experience’ they done it! its like a tv show full of mark dixons.

war1974:
no its worse.

its where people ‘bid’ to move things then normally manage to [zb] up the simplest of jobs.

has that chap from worlds toughest truckers on it ( another joke of a hgv ‘show’ ).

what it should say is would anyone like to volunteer to star in a tv programme where we follow you and your partner/son/daughter/hanger on around whilst you deliver anything and everything, if you could get lost/stuck or have a general misdemeanour on every load it will help.

am sure it has a father and son who done a job for free but because they had a farm and wanted the ‘experience’ they done it! its like a tv show full of mark dixons.

Thank you War, for that synopsis. I can not watch such programmes since I needed sedation after watching 3minutes of Stobrats.

SamCast:

We are looking for truck drivers to take part in series 2 of the hit Channel 4 programme (channel4.com/programmes/shipping-wars-uk).

nodding donkey:
Is this ‘edge of the seat “will he do it?” [zb]’ like Stobrats?

It’s more “Shipley” … We move the load for 50p and loose £50 doing the job

desypete:
do you need a cpc to take part ?

Hi Pete,

I believe if you have become a driver since 2009 we will need a CPC licence for the show.

Not quite sure you could call series 1 a hit , wasn’t it on sometime in the afternoon , not exactly prime time is it ? I’d watch it for what it was ,entertainment … not a documentary

Did like Laurie though [emoji8] but not a documentary more a comedy of errors. Did find it entertaining

nodding donkey:
… I can not watch such programmes since I needed sedation after watching 3minutes of Stobrats.

Funnily enough 3 minutes of Stobbies was enough to send me to sleep! :smiley: :smiley:

This show made “On The Buses” look quite true to life… :grimacing:

Dozy cant do it he’ll get the sack or be made redundant :laughing:

SamCast:

Well, I’d give it a go, but from watching that programme in the past, it is not following owner drivers with an actual business model. No-one can sit around on the bunk for a day or two checking their laptop until a £350 job appears on a backhaul site, do it and then wait another couple of days until the next one.

Obviously the people participating are either incredibly desperate to appear on TV, or are being paid a day rate by the production company. If it’s the latter, and it’s a reasonably good rate, say a grand a day, then I’d think about it.

I am very photogenic, I look like a cross between Brad Pitt and George Clooney and simply ooze viewer-friendly charm. :stuck_out_tongue:

If season 2 has that lovely little blonde in it… I’ll be watching :smiley:

Why is it filmed like a USA program? It repeats content all the time just incase we forgot what happens 2mins earlier. I used to just record it for the week and do lots of fast forwarding at the weekend to condense it down as it was painfully repetitive.

mrginge:
Why is it filmed like a USA program? It repeats content all the time just incase we forgot what happens 2mins earlier. I used to just record it for the week and do lots of fast forwarding at the weekend to condense it down as it was painfully repetitive.

I agree with this statement - I did enjoy the program (especially the nice females :slight_smile:, however, the constant repeating of the story over and over again was too OTT.

Less of this padding on the new series please.

TBF, the show tries to capture the imagination of the non-HGV fraternity, giving some small insight into what we actually do in the real world. If only a couple of car-driving punters Think about what we do, how we do it, how much room we need, then these types of shows are positive for us drivers.

As two of the characters mentioned on the show about showing their lorries at Truckfest, the Missus actually demanded that we go this year. A reasonable day out, but TBH, being round lorries all day, the last thing I really wanted to do was walk around more flippin’ lorries.

I am not an o/d, so cant help with the series, but good luck to anyone that does take part.

BTW, if you pass it at some point, check out Russell Oliver’s FB - “Stan the Scania Man” - funny as f*** :slight_smile: I have seen a few of his vids from FB (Helldrivers international/Professional HGV Drivers, etc.)

lets see if they cast people that own there own truck this time :unamused:

Well I’m up for it and dare I say I am shipping out tonight to France to bring back the biggest more bizarre load ever…‘FRESH BOILED EGGS’ …delivering
to the Great British Nation of housewives a product they are unable to produce themselves.

Laurie owns her own truck, just not the one she had on the programme :laughing:

Harry Monk:

SamCast:

Well, I’d give it a go, but from watching that programme in the past, it is not following owner drivers with an actual business model. No-one can sit around on the bunk for a day or two checking their laptop until a £350 job appears on a backhaul site, do it and then wait another couple of days until the next one.

Obviously the people participating are either incredibly desperate to appear on TV, or are being paid a day rate by the production company. If it’s the latter, and it’s a reasonably good rate, say a grand a day, then I’d think about it.

I am very photogenic, I look like a cross between Brad Pitt and George Clooney and simply ooze viewer-friendly charm. :stuck_out_tongue:

You forgot with half a tonne of vasline on the lens [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

F-reds:
Laurie owns her own truck, just not the one she had on the programme :laughing:

She says at the beginning of every programme “I’ve got diesel in my veins and I can run rings around most of the blokes”. Most entertaining that programme not quite as professional as Eddie Stobarts Trucks and Trailers :smiley: