Shipping out of and into Poole

Anybody else remember a ship called “Cornouailles”.I recall being on that and my bunk was bow to stern.The ship rolled over and stayed over for what seemed a long time.I initially thought it wouldn’t right itself then I rolled out of the bunk onto the cabin floor.Fortunately it was the bottom bunk.

Gidders:
Anybody else remember a ship called “Cornouailles”.I recall being on that and my bunk was bow to stern.The ship rolled over and stayed over for what seemed a long time.I initially thought it wouldn’t right itself then I rolled out of the bunk onto the cabin floor.Fortunately it was the bottom bunk.

Here it is chap.

truckline corn.PNG

Another

E6267E24-6E1C-420F-B1E2-FD935E3CEE18.jpeg

Looks like Ray Wheeler driving

762F1055-3690-4AB5-9934-AFE75613479A.jpeg

Looks like he is pulling a Stuart Taylor trailer :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:

Lance I am surprised he has not answered your question he is usually on the ball. I will try and find out for you.

geoff luther:

Lance Biscomb:

Lance I am surprised he has not answered your question he is usually on the ball. I will try and find out for you.

Sorry Lance it wasn’t my mates truck after all so can’t help out about the trailer. All the best Geoff.

As you said Geoff , its not mine, mine were Blue and silver, that one had Wimpole Garage on the headboard, mine either had Searoad, Barcelona and Madrid on the headboard or Transportation International Services.

Lance Biscomb:

I agree Lance, Stuart Taylor you can make out the emblem he had on them. :wink:

Anyone know what hes doing now ?

DEANB:

Lance Biscomb:

I agree Lance, Stuart Taylor you can make out the emblem he had on them. :wink:

Anyone know what hes doing now ?

Stuart Taylor International
(11)
Lawn mower repair service in Lancashire
stuarttaylors.co.uk/

Hi Geoff,
Due to the lockdown and for something better to do since I was turned down by the NHS volunteer scheme -they’ve got enough gynaecologist’s apparently, but I’m waiting to hear back from the breast clinic !

I have been trawling through some old photos and came across this,back on page 39 you put a pic of it on, a chap called John Glance had it when this was taken back in 1980,I think it was in Tarragona.

Regards
Richard

Scan 2020-3-31 18.16.10.jpg

Hi Richard hope you and Angie are keeping well, I never knew you were a medical expert as well as taking up your position at the Bar but one learns something every day. On the above mentioned John Glance IIRC he was of American descendance, remember a maroon F88/9 he had saw him in TIP’s yard in West Quay road one day and from memory he liked to ship out on a Friday to Italy with his ski’s on the roof rack, then he stopped off in the Aosta valley for the weekend, up on the ski lift for some rar, mind you Micky Long used to do that but he never had any ski’s he just went up to get ■■■■■■■ Mary Hopkins rides again, Buzzer

Hi all my first memory of John Glance i woke up one morning on one of my first trips to Italy could have been Domodossola to the sound of someone playing a guitar it was Mr Glance. I also remember he had the roof lining of the truck covered in little star’s that glowed at night,strange what you remember.Hope your all keeping well in Wellow and Bursledon. :sunglasses:

MaggieD:
Hi Geoff,
Due to the lockdown and for something better to do since I was turned down by the NHS volunteer scheme -they’ve got enough gynaecologist’s apparently, but I’m waiting to hear back from the breast clinic !

I have been trawling through some old photos and came across this,back on page 39 you put a pic of it on, a chap called John Glance had it when this was taken back in 1980,I think it was in Tarragona.

Regards
Richard

Looks a bit like an ex-Grangewood motor. Ro

ERF-NGC-European:

MaggieD:
Hi Geoff,

Regards
Richard

Looks a bit like an ex-Grangewood motor. Ro

JBG 70P if I am reading straight now that rings a bell got a feeling Nunky Newman had a Volvo with that number or very similar, Buzzer